Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupidest ticket ever

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 10:54 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Stupidest ticket ever

I could accept the figure if it was 90% or lower... That's the damn truth. I can easily believe that.

99% (and the wording/attitude of his post,) though, screams Narcisism.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Scooter80
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

Cops suck, I do not believe that many are in the publics favor. And I do not believe that there are many judges willing to listen to "Joe Public" when 70% of the towns income comes frome traffic tickets
70%?!?! WTF? I am sure you did your research before posting this though, and aren't just posting random numbers to bolster your unsubstantiated accusations. I am sure that sales, property, utility, park, and income taxes have no place in a town's coffers, right? And what the hell does a judge care about getting income for the towns?!
I am sure you didn't smell of alcohol at all after your Christmas party and that bastard cop was just inconveniencing you, right? And I bet you were a perfect gentleman and didn't provoke him in the least, right? Lets tell the whole story Ghost, so that we get a full report of the situation. It's half-assed stories like yours that get people like you to believe what the media portrays as abusive police encounters.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:03 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

I can tell some stories about "abusive police encounters."

Mostly moderate harassment... Just the local cops profiling me because they created a street-racing problem when they shut down our dragstrip.

I got lots of them. Some tried to entrap me, some were just jerks, some fly helicopters and follow me up and down whole roads...

The usual stuff, really. (lol)
Old 06-12-2006, 11:04 PM
BLACK06GT4ME
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2006RedGT

ORIGINAL: BLACK06GT4ME

He didn't site you for speeding and at your age, you don't have that much experience driving.
LOL you don't know that. At 15 years old with my permit i was a better driver than 99% of the people on the roads. Before i got my license i had an easy 20k miles under my belt. Don't go off on something you don't know anything about.

Oh and btw, pre-paid legal has got my dad off 3 seatbelt tickets and one speeding ticket in the last 18 months, all for 17 dollars a month. I'm almost positive even if you get a ticket out-of-state they will still go and fight it.

You gotta be kidding me. At 15 with a permit you were a better driver than 99%..... ROFLMAO. I drive over 40K/yr with 30 years under my belt and I'm not pigheaded enough to think I drive better than 99% of the people on the road. There are graveyards full of people just like that. I can save your dad $17.00/month, simply obey the law.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:11 PM
McChicken
2nd Gear Member

Hahaha now this train is rolling.....

People that got speeding tickets vs. People that never speed ever vs cops: round 59,340

The ogoing Royal Rumble of Mustangforums.com
Old 06-12-2006, 11:24 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scooter80

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

Cops suck, I do not believe that many are in the publics favor. And I do not believe that there are many judges willing to listen to "Joe Public" when 70% of the towns income comes frome traffic tickets
70%?!?! WTF? I am sure you did your research before posting this though, and aren't just posting random numbers to bolster your unsubstantiated accusations. I am sure that sales, property, utility, park, and income taxes have no place in a town's coffers, right? And what the hell does a judge care about getting income for the towns?!
I am sure you didn't smell of alcohol at all after your Christmas party and that bastard cop was just inconveniencing you, right? And I bet you were a perfect gentleman and didn't provoke him in the least, right? Lets tell the whole story Ghost, so that we get a full report of the situation. It's half-assed stories like yours that get people like you to believe what the media portrays as abusive police encounters.
I don't drink. there are a number of towns (mine included) that show on their public record that over 50% of there town income comes from traffic tickets. We had one town in particular that had to fire all the public safety people due to a bypass was built and they could no longer afford to pay for police or fire protection (Andrews S.C.). Had to rely on state police and the next towns fire and EMS. Allow me to welcome you to Southern politics. A lot of our areas are sparsely populated or held by large landowners (with the exception of the larger towns and counties). And judges are hired, why would you assume they are not intrested in preserving thier income.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:36 PM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

ok now this post is going way off topic... I dont deny that i probably broke a law with the excessive speed. But what i was asking is if I go in do you think i can get them to drop the points off the ticket, i dont mind paying the ticket since i know they just want my money. Being 19, having 3 points on a new mustang will skyrocket my insurance, and just fyi im probably getting around 20mpg cause im driving with such low rpms.
And also, for the people giving me advice on trying to justify my actions, I cant justify what i did, i just wanna go in there and give em a I learned my lesson so please drop the points so AAA doesnt rape me over the next 3 years kinda speech. Then i expect the judge to tell me im an idiot and i dont know what im doing and i could have killed someone if a squirrle crossed the road and then an ox came from the other side and what not.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: McChicken

Hahaha now this train is rolling.....

People that got speeding tickets vs. People that never speed ever vs cops: round 59,340

The ogoing Royal Rumble of Mustangforums.com
i got ONE ticket, though im convinced im going to win my in-process appeal cuz the law supports my position to a huge degree. however, i learned my lesson regardless because there are plenty of times i SHOULD have gotten tickets and didn't. where do i fit into the fight? im better than 98% of drivers out there too, just for the record.

edit: and gt06gt...^that post has me fu(king rolling on the floor right now
Old 06-12-2006, 11:42 PM
GDZILLA95
1st Gear Member

Ghost,
The next time you need the Police, just remember "Cops suck".
Not all cops are bad guys. I live in the Piedmont of NC and
the Police do a fine job. They're not all out there to make
the city they patrol money from tickets.

I should know; I've been a cop for 13 years.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:42 PM
BLACK06GT4ME
2nd Gear Member

OK, you've accepted teh verbal bashing you deserved. I admire your ability to accept fault for your actions. Go in with a very humble attitude and try to get the charges reduced. Maybe an offer to traffic school might help. Best to consult legal advice from a lawyer (that's why they go to school and get paid so much/hr). As stated before. Good luck and maintain a positive attitude.

Quick Reply: Stupidest ticket ever