Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too much car washing??

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Dreamer1967

Default Too much car washing??

Do you folks wash your car more than most other car owners? It seems that I have COD (obsessive compulsive disorder...LOL) when my ride starts to be anything but showroom new. Tonight, when it cools down a bit, I'm heading out to the manual car wash and will buff the puny up. It just feels so nice when the car has a mirror shin and everything is perfect in this imperfect world. That turtle wax ice is great stuff; it's all I use since acquiring my car used 2005 pony two weeks ago. Also, is there a "old fashioned type wax" that will protect longer and add more shine? I used to use something called Liquid Glass on my previous cars which was awesome; the cars finish actually looked like glass, but the whole process is very time consuming from removing the old wax with a remover to applying the polish with a non mechanical hand buffer.

What do ya'll do to keep your car looking great?
Old 06-13-2006, 08:12 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Too much car washing??

Meguiar's Speed Glaze
Meguiar's NXT (2 coats)

using the G-100 dual action polisher
Old 06-13-2006, 08:17 PM
cwall583
1st Gear Member

About the same. Dust every day, was and wax as required. Keep a spray bottle of quick detailer on hand.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:19 PM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

I also used to use Liquid Glass (not the one with the Corvette on it) red and black can if I remember, and I havent been able to find it in years, but it was awsome!! I use Pinnicle that i found on autogeek.net, that goes on/off easy. Not sure how it will last since it's carnuba.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

When I drive it I wash it that night before putting it in the garage, and I use Turtle Wax ICE on occasion.

I had to put clear plastic packaging tape around my temporary tag, because the cardboard and lettering was falling apart from the water soaking into it.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:38 PM
b_hollier
2nd Gear Member

I only use Zaino on ours. It is very time consuming to apply but no other wax can compare to the shine it will give.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:57 PM
BLACK06GT4ME
2nd Gear Member

I'm a Meguiars man. I don't consider it washing, my car is not permitted to get dirty. I California duster my baby daily (even when I don't drive it) and QD it every two or three days. This keeps her in pretty good shape for her weekly (on rare ocassion every two weeks) bath, buff and monthly wax. My biggest fear is buffing the clearcoat off. My wife thinks I spend more time with my car than her (probably true on the weekends), I tell her that "Mustangs don't get headaches and I can always leave the seat up".
Old 06-13-2006, 09:13 PM
HxCory
2nd Gear Member

For wash, I just picked up some cheap stuff at Autozone.
Wax I have Black Magic hand wax.
Tire shine, Black Magic Wet Tire, or something like that. And I use ArmorAll if I run out, they both work nice.
I clean the inside once a month or so, of dust that is, I don't leave any trash or anything in it
Old 06-13-2006, 09:20 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

more than once a week and i would say yes, too much....lol

"Too much car washing?? "
Old 06-13-2006, 09:29 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

I wash one a week .. and wax with carnuba wax every month.. and it is a garage car.. lol .. but it still looks like the day I bought her..
the way I like it..

Rex

Quick Reply: Too much car washing??