Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3,200 miles TOTALLED!!!!

Old 06-16-2006, 01:14 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 3,200 miles TOTALLED!!!!

By the pictures, I don't think that car is totaled. I bet the estimate for repair would be around 12K. It looks like my old 02 when it got totaled. The estimate on that was 8K and the passenger strut tower was slightly bent. The usual buy back from the insurance company is about 25% of the settlement. Before you start taking off any parts, I would wait to see what the insurance is going to do first. You can get reimbursed for add on parts at the full cost of those parts. But just in case, I would but back the stock tune and un-marry your tuner to the car. That way you can use it on the new one. Good luck and keep us posted on the progress. Rice sometimes hurts...........
Old 06-16-2006, 01:24 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

That car is EASILY repairable. My buddy, years ago, totalled his 85GT to the point where the RF wheel was above the brake booster, they repaired the car. That one is no where near as bad, obviously it needs all the front sheetmetal, plastic, etc,etc, and put on a frame machine, but its not totaled. if I had a frame machine I could fix it on my own. Wonder how much damage was done to the motor. Anyways, sux to hear it man, most kids, especially girls, dont pay attention, from what Ive seen. It just goes to show how inadequate drivers ed really is.
-P.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Silky_Johnston
2nd Gear Member

Dude, I feel your pain.

My GT got F*CKED up last Saturday by a damn boat seat that some *** clown didn't secure before hitting the road.

There should be a law whereby if you damage somebody's Mustang you HAVE to serve 65 years on a chain gang splitting rocks.

No appeals.

Old 06-16-2006, 01:38 PM
speeddemon

I'll take any parts you're sellin!

Oh, sucks what happened to the ride! I'd feel the same or worse![sm=smiley19.gif]
Old 06-16-2006, 02:20 PM
elektra
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GettingMyMustang

Its crashes like this that make me wonder why we allow 16 years olds to drive cars....I am not cuttin on any of the younger drivers, but seriously are 16 year olds responsible enough to be on the road....I for one will admit that I was not!!!!!
Me either! When I think back to when I was 16, I am glad I am still alive. I think it should be 18. its just horrible how things like this happen. I hope all goes well.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:05 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Glad you and your girl are alive!!! Hope the insurance treats you fair.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:23 PM
topless05GT
1st Gear Member

IF it's totaled - make sure to reset the tune back to stock so you can use the tuner on your next one. When I totaled mine, I didn't want to mess with it - couldn't because of injuries - and I'm definitely regretting it now. I should have found a way to swap back the CAI, the tune, the mufflers, etc. Learning from it...
Old 06-17-2006, 02:46 AM
v0s6a

ORIGINAL: P Zero

That car is EASILY repairable. My buddy, years ago, totalled his 85GT to the point where the RF wheel was above the brake booster, they repaired the car. That one is no where near as bad, obviously it needs all the front sheetmetal, plastic, etc,etc, and put on a frame machine, but its not totaled. if I had a frame machine I could fix it on my own. Wonder how much damage was done to the motor. Anyways, sux to hear it man, most kids, especially girls, dont pay attention, from what Ive seen. It just goes to show how inadequate drivers ed really is.
-P.
no dude its not really that easy....what you cant see is that the frame rails are pushed into the car and moved about a foot over. So just think to tear the whole dash apart to replae air bags, pull motor to replace frame rails, core support radiador condensor and all that good stuff. Not very easy, especially sincethe dealership (where i work) said itsabout a month wait on frame rails. The estimate today was 14,000 but that was just what he saw. He said its about a 90% chance total but cant gaurantee. Even fixed man the car only has 3,172 mile to be exact. Who wants to drive a brand new almost 30g car with a completely jacked front knowing what happened.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:41 AM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

no dude its not really that easy....what you cant see is that the frame rails are pushed into the car and moved about a foot over. So just think to tear the whole dash apart to replae air bags, pull motor to replace frame rails, core support radiador condensor and all that good stuff. Not very easy, especially sincethe dealership (where i work) said itsabout a month wait on frame rails. The estimate today was 14,000 but that was just what he saw. He said its about a 90% chance total but cant gaurantee. Even fixed man the car only has 3,172 mile to be exact. Who wants to drive a brand new almost 30g car with a completely jacked front knowing what happened.
Exactly. That happened on my brother's Toyota when he wrecked it. The insurance company told the dealership to fix it, and when they tore the car apart, they kept find more and more pieces broken that wasn't visible. The dealership kept having to call the insurance company and request additional work. The final bill ended up being well over the "totaled" price.

I am glad everyone is alive and healthy after a wreck like that. Good luck on recovery for you and you're 'stang!
Old 06-17-2006, 10:46 AM
area9

damn that really sucks