Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY First PoST!!!! NEED Assistance with SLP Loudmouth Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 05:09 PM
cookieronster219

Default MY First PoST!!!! NEED Assistance with SLP Loudmouth Exhaust

hey guys, ive been reading here awhile, and finally signed up. i just picked up an 06 Deluxe last Friday...and i ordered the SLP loudmouths for my car. One question, how easy is it to install? im pretty amateur, but i plan on doing this myself...from what i hear it takes around an hour...but what tools will i need to install it? does it come with instructions? any help is appreciated

thanks
Old 06-16-2006, 05:15 PM
mrwhitegt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: MY First PoST!!!! NEED Assistance with SLP Loudmouth Exhaust

hey, welcome! the slp install is pretty easy....the hardest part is sometimes getting the ratchet in a couple of spots. for the most part I think there are four bolts per side you have to undo, then it just comes right off. not really much to it a couple of pipes a couple of tips badda bing bodda boom you're ready to roar!
Old 06-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

It really depends on your abilities, some people are all thumbs and others pick things up quickly. It's about as easy an installation as any mod and only takes basic hand tools. You don't even need to jack up the car. Good luck, and welcome aboard!
Old 06-16-2006, 05:41 PM
stangmann
2nd Gear Member

This is a very good thread I read in regards to SLP Loudmouth make sure you check out the video it is excellant.

https://mustangforums.com/m_1510770/tm.htm
Old 06-16-2006, 06:13 PM
05SonicBlue
2nd Gear Member

i crawled under the car and used a crescent wrench, i.e. it's about as easy as it gets: if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball kind of easy.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

its easy, im 16 had no other experience working on cars and did it in 30 minutes lol...

the harder part is getting them aligned perfectly (which i just had to have, i even got out a ruler lol)
Old 06-16-2006, 10:58 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kaldar142

its easy, im 16 had no other experience working on cars and did it in 30 minutes lol...

the harder part is getting them aligned perfectly (which i just had to have, i even got out a ruler lol)
I did the same exact thing, dont feel ashamed.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

haha yeah, i can't stand it when stuff is crooked or out of porportion just a tiny bit =/

all hell breaks lose when i get a scratch, chip in the paint or a little dent lol.

when i took it into the dealership to have my tranny checked out (it was making weird noises, the synchros were all effed up) they said they needed to replace one of the brackets for the exhaust?? not sure why... lol but they totally messed up the alignment which pissed me off so much considering all the time i spent on it trying to get them perfect
Old 06-16-2006, 11:18 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Heh yeah, I love these exhausts...they sound so awesome, especially when you pull out into a road and you get on it real hard... wow..
Old 06-16-2006, 11:24 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cookieronster219

hey guys, ive been reading here awhile, and finally signed up. i just picked up an 06 Deluxe last Friday...and i ordered the SLP loudmouths for my car. One question, how easy is it to install? im pretty amateur, but i plan on doing this myself...from what i hear it takes around an hour...but what tools will i need to install it? does it come with instructions? any help is appreciated

thanks
By the way, cookie, the exhausts arent hard to install at all, one of the hardest parts was getting to some of the nuts to get the OEM mufflers off. They key though, is maneuverability. As long as you can move your hand around to get to the bolt it will be a cinch.. otherwise, if you have like.. huge 9 inch fingers etc it might be kinda hard to get a couple of the bolts off in the tight spaces. Once the mufflers are off, the SLP's are cake to put on, theres so much more room to tight bolts because you dont have those big 25 lb canteens up there anymore.

And yes it does come with instructions, theyre not picture instructions but still pretty thorough. You will need a 5/8" and 1/2" socket wrench, and maybe a cresent wrench if you cant get to the bolts with a socket. From what I can remember, thats all I used. Took me about 2 1/2 hours, but I wasnt working constantly, I took a few breaks to get a drink, ran the car with the mufflers off, took videoes etc. If you start it in the morning and just work for awhile youll be done in no time. Youre better off not to rush yourself and try to have fun with it because if you start rushing youll end up scratching the chromed SLP tips and you wouldnt wanna do that.

Quick Reply: MY First PoST!!!! NEED Assistance with SLP Loudmouth Exhaust