Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jiffy Lube screwing people over

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 07:22 PM
danomano
1st Gear Member

Default Jiffy Lube screwing people over

http://www.nbc4.tv/video/9152183/detail.html
Old 06-18-2006, 07:30 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Jiffy Lube screwing people over

I dread this crap. I went to a local MasterLube, couple of kids that worked there just graduated from high school. I go in for an oil change, 20 minutes later they're done, but I never saw them drain the oil out. Don't trust the place anymore, so I was thinking about taking it to a JiffyLube... well eff that idea. Where can a guy go to get service he can trust? The dealership? [:@]
Old 06-18-2006, 07:35 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

[sm=bustedsign.gif] One of the reasons I dont like giving my car up to shops [sm=badidea.gif]
Old 06-18-2006, 07:47 PM
danomano
1st Gear Member

I used to work for Midias and we had a guy that came from Firestone he said that he was told to paint parts to make them look new. Also he checked a customers car and found nothing wrong with it and was told by his manager to #$@@ something up so we can charge the customer to fix it. You would realy be surprised how much people dont do and charge the customer for it.

Best thing to do is watch them while they work.You can see it pisses them off to be watched.

Some from another board noticed this

when i was 15 or 16, was with my mom when she went to jiffy lube... while we were waiting, the guy came in and started to show her "her airfilter" and how dirty it was, comparing it to a clean one next to it.

i pointed out 3 simple things... 1. thats the wrong airfilter... 2. i just changed it before we drove to jiffy lube (i would have done the oil, but its "cheaper to have it done, and i have a coupon") and 3..... theres a window right there, ive been watching it, and noones even popped the hood yet... the guy in the pit drained the oil, but thats it.

the salesman said it was a "example" airfilter.... ugh.
havent been back to a jiffylube since.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Thats why I do it myself. I swear some of these kids are more and more usless outta high school. Cash register breaks and you can't get proper change. But people like that give alot of honest hard working mechanics bad names.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:53 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Timmay!!!

Thats why I do it myself. I swear some of these kids are more and more usless outta high school. Cash register breaks and you can't get proper change. But people like that give alot of honest hard working mechanics bad names.
Yeah I agree, there are alot of good auto places out there, theyre just hard to find. I still wish I knew enough about cars to do everythign myself.. sadly I dont.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:55 PM
danomano
1st Gear Member

Now from that news clips I have had my tranny fluid changed at Jiffy Lube and know why they don't do it. On my Taruas it took them 30 minutes just to hook the unit up to my car! But again I watch them do the work everytime. Would you just leave you kid at the doctor and come back later?

Midas seemed to be the most honest. At least the one in Lubbock ,Texas I worked for.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:09 PM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

I always take mine to this marathon gas/service station. For $20 they'll change it. They do quality work and will service anything. Plus if they see anything wrong while it's on the lift they'll tell you. On my last stang while getting the oil changed they noticed my rear pinion seal leaking. They're just a bunch of midwest guys that like what they do. It's hard to find a place like this to get quality work done and be able to trust. Sorry but Jiffylube and other quick oil change places are for short time teenagers looking for a job.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:12 PM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

A couple of tips for situations like that.

1: Ask for any old parts back.

2: Ask to be shown the new part installed on the car.

3: As soon as any work is performed, check fluids and level's yourself to insure they have been replaced. Oil, tire pressure, trans fluid, all of these will have changed in color or level if work was performed.

4: Don't take a mechanics word on something being wrong at one of these places. Have your salesman take you out to your car and show you the problem and explain the situaton to you.

5: If you don't know much about cars, bring along someone who does, who can either confirm or deny what the salesman is saying.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I'm know alot of quick change places usally offer to do prevenative maint but I wouldn't trust them when they say they changed a fuel filter in 5 mins.

Quick Reply: Jiffy Lube screwing people over