Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad run in with an 06 mustang V6 ( subject name changed to protect the innocent)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: OK, what is up with the attitude from V6 guys on the road?? Today was the worst!

I have had my Pony Package V6 for 6-months and not one GT owner has ever given me the thumbs up !!!
I would definitely give you a thumbs up, but I wouldn't do it unless you gave one first. I'm nervous about initiating that with a V6 or an older model driver because I have this fear that it will be percieved negatively, like I was lording it over on him/her. But I always smile big and give a nod to any Mustang I see.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:43 PM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: OK, what is up with the attitude from V6 guys on the road?? Today was the worst!

I'd waive to you.....I think the pony packages are hot. My brother said toda, " why do people with gay v6's try to make their mustang look like a real one." Yeap....he definately got jacked for that one and that will be the last time he ever says anything about any mustang lol. But he's only 16 so what do you expect.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:13 AM
05ROUSHER
2nd Gear Member

Another problem is that they probably do not know the fabulous history of the Mustang. All they know is that it is a car for them to tear up and have no respect for others that have them. What we need to do is educate these "people" on the cars heritage and what it stands for. maybe then they will think twice before they do something dumb. (happy thought huh?)
Old 07-03-2006, 04:57 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Country1969

No matter what you drive someone will have comments about your ride, some good and some bad. I bought a V6 because I always liked them. Why do I need a V8? You think all Mustang owners think about racing their cars. Think again, I bought mine to enjoy it for what it is, a Mustang. Sure V8s can go 0-60 faster than a v6. But 50 is 50 and 60 is 60 and 70 is 70..etc. There are speed limits. Sure I like driving fast at times on the highways. I am proud to be driving a Mustang and if anyone hates me for that and so be it. I always have people admiring my car. I got tired of buying used cars over the years and having problems with them.

Why does it always come to this....Why do v8 owners look down on v6 owners when they want to do mods on their cars. I mean rims/tires, body kits, spoilers, suspension, exhaust, styling(interior & exterior dressups)? Its our car, let us do what we want to. Theres no law states you have to be a V8 owner to do this thing of stuff. I'm not saying all V8 owners act this way but you can't lie, you know there is.

If you come across V6 owners that act like snobs then you will also find V8 ones too. Think about the Cobras out there that are mod just like my friend that just bought one already mod over 500 hp just a few week ago. . Ask those guys what they think about V8 owners with 300 hp.

Bottom line...You buy what you like, you drive what you like, enjoy what have. We Mustang owners must stick together.
you are awesome. lol but what you say is true, were still driving mustangs. well one problem ive noticed in my area, the new v6s are driven by younger kids who think these cars can beat on 99-04 GT's, wrong. yall are right, many who get the new v6s think theyre the chit cuz they have the newest mustang, which is baloney. i drive a v6 too, but its a 2000 and i still get compliments to this day about it, even though its 6 years old. ive attempted to give a thumbs up to people in the 05 + GT's but for some reason whenever i happen to pull up next to one, they act like they dont see me at all. i dont even bother with the new v6s cuz some of the drivers think these things are the fastest things on earth. im okay with what i drive, its transportation, it gets me from point a to point b. i could give a rats *** what people think about my car...why are you guys even letting it bother you? i got some kid in my neighborhood drive up to me when i was washing my car and he was like "not a GT" ...when he was driving a hyandai tiburon lol a car that i am as fast as or faster lol. if i wanted to go fast, thats what a GT is for, but all this "hate" is just dumb imo, a car is a car that gets u from A to B, whether u have a mustang or a tercel.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

Allow ME make a generalization - Most Mustang GT buyers are car enthusiasts, while most V6 Mustang owners bought their car simply as transportation. So most V6'ers don't even care to acknowledge another Mustang (GT or V6).
if i wanted just transportation idve bought a yaris.

we v6 owners ONLY own them because GT's were too expensive at buy time.. heck some of us (like me) didnt even have a GT available when we got to the lot. We would ALL like ot have GT's were not AFRAID of owning one or jealous of those who do. were happy having stangs, bottom line. And for a price LESS than the difference between a GT and a v6 we could power add our V6's to beat stock GTs... if we wanted power we actually saved money too

its all about money. (though i do hate those fog lights.)