Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad run in with an 06 mustang V6 ( subject name changed to protect the innocent)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 06:38 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Default Bad run in with an 06 mustang V6 ( subject name changed to protect the innocent)

Kind of very O/T I know but everyone else seems to bring up 05+ crap here so why not.

As noted in the "lets have a salute" post, I seem to be catching attitude from some V6 guys out there. Every time I wave at a clean V6 car, or see one, it is like they could care less and some seem to ignore you on purpose with this kiss my a** look.

I have nothing against the existance of the V6 mustang, it is a nice car, perfect for alot of people. I even encourage people looking at other jap cars to go drive one as it is nice. Is it a GT, no, would I buy one for myself, no. But I have nothing against V6 owners.

But today was really crappy. I am on the highway doing 70 with the windows shut, AC blasting since it is 95 degrees here today and very humid, and cruise control on, enjoying the ride home from the office minding my own buisiness in one of the middle lanes of a four lane highway, when a windveil V6 pony package vert zooms up behind me from literally out of nowhere, then passes me on the right, then cuts in front of me probably about only 8-10 feet in front of my car. In the process he kicks up all kinds of rocks and **** too (thank god no damage)

So I shut off the cruise control and drop into third and pull next to him on the right and basicly honk my horn, wave my hand and ask him WTF his problem is (not that he can hear me with the windows up at 70, but he got the point). SO he gives me the finger, then decides to step into the throttle to try to run me. I was already in third doing 65mph at this point so there was no contest once I stepped in. So I put a bunch of room between myself and him, let out in the high end of third, and he pulls into the right lane behind some caddy like a mouse and eventually pulls off at his exit.

WTF!! Cut me off like that, potentially chip my car, then give my me the finger. All I was doing was cruising home listening to the damn radio. I have seen two other GT's on the road in the last two weeks and exchanges thumbs up, etc.

What is with the V6 people on the road?? It is hard for me to believe that ALL of them have issues regarding GT's .
Old 06-19-2006, 06:45 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: OK, what is up with the attitude from V6 guys on the road?? Today was the worst!

this is just some fa* who happens to be driving a cool car, he would
have done the same thing even if he was in a civic or similar pos.
-
don't let bad drivers spoil your fun

"a windveil V6 pony package vert zooms up behind me from literally out of
nowhere, then passes me on the right, then cuts in front of me probably
about only 8-10 feet in front of my car."
Old 06-19-2006, 06:48 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Default RE: OK, what is up with the attitude from V6 guys on the road?? Today was the worst!

I know, but it still really steamed my clams. And I still say that many V6 drivers seem to have issues with the GT. I loaned the car to my dad last week for the day and he loved it. But he did say that he saw a couple V6 cars on the road and tried to be nice and got nothing back.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Remrats1234
3rd Gear Member

i kno for a fact that some....not all, of the v6 owners are either chicks, because lets face it daddys always buy there little girls mustangs...v6 mustangs, and maybe some of the guys who should be gt guys are just mad at the gt guys because we have what they want...not bashing v6 owners im just sayin this might be some ppl
Old 06-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Most of the time I try to recognize anyone driving a stang. Sometimes they wave back sometimes there busy in their own worlds.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Moonbaby1973
2nd Gear Member

WTF? What you experienced was an a$$ hole. The fact that the a$$ hole was driving a v6 has nothing to do with it. Dont put all v6 owners into that catagorie.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:59 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Thats my theory as well. Again, nothing against V6 guys, but there is definatly some sibling rivalry here.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:59 PM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

:rofl: funny story
Old 06-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

That's BS, man. Most Mustangs I see notice my car and wave or something, and I always wave or throw up the 'metal horns' back at them, unless I'm in the middle of doing something and literally can't spare a hand...in which case I try to show respect anyways. No one has been an *** to me. The way he acted just makes no sense!

It sucks that you've had such crappy experiences, but there are cool V6ers out there, I assure you...maybe the ones you've seen were having crystal-meth flashbacks to their mullet-wearing days and thought they were in a Camaro for a minute?

But seriously, I'm glad you (and your car) are OK and I hope people show you more respect in the future!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:02 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I am not pulling them all in, but just sharing an expirience and noting that on the road, I have yet to seen one freindly v6 guy. V6 chicks are always nice and will wave back.

But in the 8 weeks I have had the car maybe I have seen 2 or 3 GT's up close next to me where I could wave. And probably 20 V6 stangs. The two GT guys were cool but almost every V6 make owner has been just snobbish.

Quick Reply: Bad run in with an 06 mustang V6 ( subject name changed to protect the innocent)