Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Country Ford refuses to honor warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 09:10 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Country Ford refuses to honor warranty

Is their a problem with the master cyl cap?? Mine leaks a bit as well and other stangs seem to as well. Was their an updated cap??

That dealer sounds like they stink. But it is widespread. Mitsu dealers are notorius for giving their owners hell if they even attend a SCCA autocross event. The actually pull the attendence names and flag them in their system.

They all have issues really. Best thing to do is get to know a dealer really well and try to find an SVT dealer. I went to an SVT/roush dealer and asked about CAI and tunes. This was a local dealer that was really helpfull when I was looking for a car but couldent get one in blue with stick so I purchased mine an hour or so away. He said no problem with CAI and tune, as long as the part itself doesent cause the damage you want us to fix.

He claimed that at least 5 or 6 of their GT's got a CAI and tune before they were even delivered. Their claim is that you can even nitrous the motor. As long as the mod did not cause the problem you want fixed, they could care less. They will even order the parts for a CAI or supercharger and do it at the dealer if I wanted to.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:12 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

So i aksed what they planned on doing with the Cobra coming out and he said he had no idea.
Man, they've got some real flakes working the service department at these dealerships, they odn't know squat!! If a Ford dealership wants to sell the new Shelby, they first have to be certified to service them. This means they have to send people from their service department to be trained specifically to work on the Shelby. If they don't want to bother with certification, Ford will not allow them to sell Shelbys plain and simple.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:45 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JohnEod

Not that I'm taking the side of the dealer that denied your claim, their reasoning was very stupid. However all ford dealers are subject to fords warranty policies and if they do to many warranty repairs ford will actually punish the dealer for costing them to much money. It could be that they are doing to many warranty repairs lately and didn’t need one form someone who didn’t even buy a car from them. Just something that came to mind.
That is THE lamest excuse for a dealer I've ever heard....
Old 06-21-2006, 10:27 PM
frzn pony
1st Gear Member

contact the State Attorney Genrals office for your state. In Wisconsin your contact the the Agriculture Dept,Consumer Affairs and the State Attorney Generals Office.I have been really discusted with Ford not standing behind there product.I work for a Diamler/Chry dealer now going on 17 yrs.We just warr. a 2003 4.7 engine in a Dakota with 2 broken and twisted connecting rods.The Manufacture has to prove that if failed from abuse.I know what it look likes....but can I prove ...NO....I wasnt there to see what was going on when it broke!!!! That makes it covered under warranty.Your CAI is better than the factory equip.the filter traps more crap than the paper one and allows the engine to work more effceintly.And yes your can sue ford for a dealer not backing the warranty with out PROVING WHY!! If your had a "flash programer in the car and hooked up or didnt return the OEM software back to the PCM....Yes your warranty is void.If your had underdrive pulleys on and the car over heated and the engine blew-up....they have to prove that the reduction in water pump speed was the cause....they have to take your pulleys,or a brand new set...the same brand and prove to the court that it cause the problem.If you walk away...they win.I know no one should have to go to this lengh.....but once they justice system knows...they will keep watching
Old 06-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

A Warranty is a warranty. I had this problem in the past. I bought a used car, it came with a warranty. Things started going on it. A garage charge me for a oil pump. I called the warranty company up and told them that. We both had our papers in front of us wheile talking to each other on the phone. I even told him where to look for it. He told me that I was correct. The warranty company sent me a check for the cost of the part and labor among a few other small things on the bill that wasnt supposed to charge for. I also gave them the name of the garage that did the service work. The garage actaullt told me that the person they spoke to said it was not covered.

Here's what I figured, They (garage) told me that it was not covered and they also put a claim into the warranty company or at least they were going to. They would take my money and get money from them.

I bought my 2005 Mustang last June. I had it to Ford Dealer 2 times. One for a pulling feeling while steering, and another time for the trim above the passanger door. Nothing major. I figure why not tell them about this stuff.

I also called them about 2 or 3 weeks ago about a few clips that hold the trim on. One below the rear seat, that I found it not fastened/broken and one in the trunk. I call hear the rattle when I drive. They told me just stop by and they will check it out and order clips for them. I havent had the chance to do so. I might just get them to order a few of each just to have them on hand.

My warranty runs out in 2 years and I dont think I am going to get the extended warranty. It wont cover most of the items like the original anyways. I have a friend that owns his own garage and he could get the parts cheaper and his labor is cheap too. I dont ned the hassle of these comapnies screwing us over everytime something breaks and waiting to get the Mustang fixed.

Old 06-22-2006, 12:22 AM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

Speaking of INTELLIGENT people at ford dealerships, I went to Jim Keim ford in Central Ohio to ask them about a Roush mustang they had 2 weeks previously on their lot. It was a Performance White car, i was tryin to get some ideas for my car. And when i showed up there it was no where to be seen. A salesmen walked up to me while i was drivin throught the lot and ask me what i was lookin for. I reply that i was lookin for a Roush Stang and was curious if they carried roush parts in stock. Salesmen: We are no longer allowed to sell anything that affiliates with Roush. I was like, well what about those 2 brand new stage 1 Roush F150s sittin in your front parking lot..Salesmen: ah, well ah, i am not sure.......

Point of the story: Salesmen are just try to sell u something, they dont have a clue about it anything it seems, Service managers are try to sell you service(telling you it voids you warranty to get you to pay them instead of FORD, because there is a 15-20%% increase coming their way)
I just as soon talk to a tree than a salesman, they are just interested in sellin you a car........Well thats all.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:44 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

My reservoir cap was leaking also and my dealer replaced it no questions asked, and I have a CAI. I don't think you will have a problem with the other dealer. Ford needs to know that some dealers are giving Ford a bad rap by being **** about warranty conditions though.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:17 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that Octavio, I've never been to that dealership, but will avoid them after reading your story. The guys at Able Ford are pretty cool and very professional. I might be taking the car to them in about two weeks for the same thing, and the rear clutch pack problem.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:22 AM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viking396

ORIGINAL: JohnEod

Not that I'm taking the side of the dealer that denied your claim, their reasoning was very stupid. However all ford dealers are subject to fords warranty policies and if they do to many warranty repairs ford will actually punish the dealer for costing them to much money. It could be that they are doing to many warranty repairs lately and didn’t need one form someone who didn’t even buy a car from them. Just something that came to mind.
That is THE lamest excuse for a dealer I've ever heard....
And 100% INCORRECT! Doesn't matter which dealership someone goes to, Ford pays for this work to be done. Doesn't matter if dealership A does 50 warrenty repairs while dealership B does 1 or if they do equal work. The work has to be done regardless. Ford can't do anything to the dealership.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:59 AM
danomano
1st Gear Member

Another horror story.

I went in to get my shaker 500 replaced it was skipping. Got it replaced and notice that my radio had the crome face plate and the one they installed did not. I bought this to the S/M and he said oh thats a dealer installed option and not cover under warranty. So I went to the sales guy and asked whats up why can I not leave with what I brought in? He agreed and said he would look into it and call me back tomorrow. Well no call. Also after leaving notice next to the cruise control botton they broke off the blank off next to the set +/-. Well too late to tell them about that one.

So next day I recieve a call asking how my service was at Middlekrauf Ford. I gave the lady an ear full. She said the accesory guy would call me back about the crome radio.

Also found out these upgraded crome p. that the dealers installs are only stickers!

Quick Reply: Country Ford refuses to honor warranty