Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please!!!! Outlaw cell phones while driving!!!!!

Old 06-22-2006, 02:15 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Please!!!! Outlaw cell phones while driving!!!!!

I use a CB / ham radio and so do truck drivers and with no problems, but the phone really takes a person away from driving. The hands free are better, but still bad. I was surprised when I got a cell phone, being a good driver that I could call if careful while driving. I can't and neither can anyone else.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:47 PM
STLRedbird
1st Gear Member

I agree with W1ldcat. I've got a ball and chain called a company cell phone and have to answer the damn thing when it rings. I thought for a time that I was just good enough that it didn't impact MY driving. Wrong. Now I pull over. You just know there are otherwise righteous Mustang drivers reading this thread right now and thinking 'yeah, but I'M just fine.' Nope - you're not.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

+1. I don't know how many times I've encountered someone in the fast lane going slower than anyone else, and when I can finally get around them I glance over to see them yakking it up on the phone. Also an inordinate percentage of the people driving dangerously (zipping through traffic, no turn signals, cutting people off) are usually talking on their phones too. I don't know if it's people that are crappy drivers are the ones who now talk on phones or if it's talking on the phones that makes them crappy drivers, but either way I'd welcome laws prohibing talking-and-driving!
Old 06-22-2006, 04:17 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s2k

i also hate people who dont use there turn signals wile on the phone!!
[:@]

thats why i must keep a a 2 pound weigh handy to throw
I'm with you there...and the ones who turn right on red into moving traffic, while their stupid a** is going 20mph under the speed limit.

I want to know what the deal is with some people apparently HAVING to get on the horn immediately upon getting in the car. Pulling out of the driveway, on the phone! And who the heck are you calling at 7am? It BETTER not be me...not if you ever want me to talk to you again, at least.

The Shaker 500 comes in very handy at stop lights. I had this one woman in a minivan ask me if I "have any courtesy" when I pulled up next to her, and she's yapping on a phone. I answered, "yeah, my radio isn't going to kill someone; you are." She shut her fat yap after that. [:@] I figure, yeah, what I'm doing certainly isn't polite, but unlike what they're doing, I'm JUST being impolite. I'm not being a danger to the public while doing so. T

But of course, instead of legislating issues that present dangers to the public as a whole, our politicians in this "land of the free" spend their time legislating that I have to buckle my seat belt for my safety. I say, go after actions that MAKE the seat belt necessary in the first place, and leave me to account for my OWN personal safety. I can manage my own life and personal safety just fine - it's other people's actions that present a danger TO me and the public at large that I want the law to address.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:40 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

I believe some states, as in CA have laws that you have to use hands free to talk on cell phones(but still a threat), but see most people don't use it. And the police are not enforcing the law, that is why people continue to do it. I too, like Ben Wallace ride a bike, and at least once a week get in a close call from some retard trying to dial the phone or answer it while they are driving and not use turn signals.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:57 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

NY and NJ have laws that you must be hands free while on a cell..
Old 06-22-2006, 05:17 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i'm very sorry to report that Government can't solve all of
our problems, sometimes people have to be responsible for
their own actions.

sorry but i have to vote against your proposal.

"Please!!!! Outlaw cell phones while driving!!"
Old 06-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Fly
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

their own actions.

I agree, but that same government shouldn't be allowed stick up for these people when we do take this responsibility.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:10 PM
underbird10
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

their own actions.

You know, I'd agree with you that the "government" can't solve all of our problems. However, it should be "we the people" making the laws, not politicians. I have no faith whatsoever that some baby-hugging politican is going to do my work for me, that's why I posted the comment on this forum; just to hear what everyone has to say on the subject. You know, just to kinda take everyone's temperature.

I think it's clear that some states have legislation in-place that people like. Maybe that's the way it'll eventually get done, state-by-state. Meantime, I'm getting me a couple of those heavy objects to throw. Maybe I'll also make up a bumper sticker that says "Not responsible for objects thrown from driver!!"

UB10
Old 06-22-2006, 06:55 PM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

Orion_240 whats wrong with hand guns i have never shot any one while i was driving

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please!!!! Outlaw cell phones while driving!!!!!