Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats a fair price to sell my GT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 12:09 AM
jbacksgt

Default Whats a fair price to sell my GT?

Thinking about selling my GT. Ive seen some way overpriced on ebay and the autotrader and ive also seen some really cheap. What do you guys think is a good asking price? Here are some mods and pics...........

5 sp
8k miles
Black bullet rims
Chrome Grille
Side and back window louvers
Limo tint (installed after pics)
Blk Leather
6 disc cd changer
Custom hood with scoop
Flowmaster Exhaust
Steeda Intake
Sct performance chip

Thanks, Josh
Old 06-28-2006, 12:14 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Whats a fair price to sell my GT?

What year? in any event, You'll do better returning it to stock and selling your mods separately. Mods, even good ones, typically do not help resale.

dhg
Old 06-28-2006, 12:22 AM
jbacksgt

I guess what year would have been a good thing to mention, its an 05. I dont plan on taking anything off, just so much work. So how much should I ask as is?

Thanks, Josh
Old 06-28-2006, 01:51 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

Well if it is an 05. Figuring without the mods (which is what most dealers do anyway) A dealer would offer you 17-18K. And privatly maybe 20-22K tops I would guess.

Someone has to be able to save 7-8 grand over new one to be interested in a 2 year old car with 8K miles. Especially since it is not a car that has a reputation for being gently driven.

The above may very well be lower.

There is an 05 car with less mods sitting in autoweek with only 500 miles on it for a few months now. He was asking 30K and dropped to 29K now.

Unless the new mustangs are holding their value really well. I would say the above is about average for any low milage 1-2 year old car that started out close to 30K.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:53 AM
discofan
2nd Gear Member

Check Kelly Blue Book for a price...

Then add in your mods and consider that you must attract a buyer, so price it right...

Most people will not pay for the extras that are on the car unless they know something about them...

Dave
Old 06-28-2006, 02:14 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Yeah, go to http://www.kbb.com
Do a used car estimate and don't think you can put in "excellent" if there's one little nick it won't qualify. I did my 2005 GT Premium w/ auto and side air bags & 10K and the Private Party asking price came to $24,825 for GOOD in my zip code. Not great considering it cost 29 just over a year ago. But still not too bad considering it is an American car. Most would lose about $6k in price.
And remember that's for stock so yes, you should put the stock parts back on and sell 'em on Ebay, cause they won't ad anything to the asking price!
Old 06-28-2006, 02:27 AM
GaPony
1st Gear Member

Very disapointing. I paid $28,750 2 months ago for an '05 with 4k on it BECAUSE of the mods that were on it. The guy did everything to it that i would have done. I need to sell it now and I'm probably going to lose money even though I have hardley driven it. But damn, it looks good. I cant load pics right now but it is a head turner.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:54 PM
jbacksgt

Thanks for all your input. I know im going to lose a ton of money on my mods but id rather just cut losses rather than take more time turning it back to stock. Im thinking about asking 26k does that seem to high to ask? The price of course will be obo. If the kbb value is just under 25k then 26k seems fair to me

Let me know
Thanks, Josh
Old 06-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

i got my 05 in sept 2004, and during the first year i had people literally offer me 30k cash on the spot for it, but i doubt i could get near what i paid (26,060) now. i plan on keeping this car forever though, esp if im not in a situation thats extremely tight on money. my dad sold his first *real* car (a 60-something fairlane i believe) about 10yrs ago to help afford my schooling, and its one of the biggest regrets he has.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:15 AM
MG Ponie

I pick up a 05 2 months ago from a private owner with all the opitions you can get, and 6300 miles for $22,500.

Steve

Quick Reply: Whats a fair price to sell my GT?