Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer giving me a garbage story

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 10:47 PM
SafetyEngineer

Default RE: Dealer giving me a garbage story

From the A/X/Z website

"Vehicles may be ordered from production or may be selected from the inventory of the dealership, if the dealer agrees. Dealers are not required to participate, but if they do, they must be an authorized Ford Motor Company dealer for the product sold and agree to abide by the New Vehicle Purchase Plan guidelines set forth in this document."

Dealers can choose not to participate at all, or not to sell you their inventory. Vehicles may be ordered from production and qualify for X-plan pricing at any participating dealer.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:54 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

You think thats bad. I went to a dealer two months ago. So, I am seriously looking at this black GT 5 speed, the only one they have.

Now, I have been calling dealers all week trying to get a test drive, the answers were either no GT stick test drives, or we dont have any cars. My answer to them was, I can go test drive most any porsche or BMW, costing 2-3 times what the stang does without hassel. I dont want to hear it, I want a test drive, not looking for a joy ride, a true nice test drive.

He gets the keys and asks me if I want to go for a test drive without me haivng to ask, sounds fair enough. He tells me they just had it out 10 minutes ago and it is all warmed up and ready to go and tells me he turned off the traction control for me and tells me about the car a bit.

So all through the test drive the salesperson is edging me to pound on the car. I was getting used to it. I got on it, short shifted through a couple gears. He's telling me I have to crank it to 6200 to "feel the power". I tell him, it has 50 miles on it, it isnt even broken in.

On the way back I appease him and myself and throw a 1-2 hard shift and flatfoot it through second pulling onto the ramp approaching the dealer.

Back at the dealer. The salesguy is pulling his "take the car now for this routine". Then tells me his boss yelled at him because I beat on the car a little coming back to the dealer lot. I said, you were encouraging it, and I hardly beat on the car. He says well my boss was upset. I ask so how much for the car, he goes asks his boss. Comes back and tells me it will be 3K over sticker if you take it now Goodbye, I am not paying a penny over MSRP.

A week later he wanted to sell me the same car for 1100 under MSRP when I told him I was putting a deposit on another car. Too late.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SafetyEngineer

X plan is only guaranteed on ordered vehicles. If a dealer feels like he needs to have specific cars in inventory to entice new buyers, he doesn't *have* to honor X-plan on the vehicles in his lot. He has to honor X-plan on any vehicle you would order through him, though.

You might want to talk to the regional sales manager about the test drive, though. I'm sure Ford would much rather you get a chance to test drive a vehicle before you buy it, instead of experiencing buyer's remorse and returning the vehicle after you buy it. The regional sales manager would also be very interested in the dealership turning away potential business by not honoring X-plan without an explanation of how it works and how the dealership can help you purchase the car you want.

The only car in the 2006 inventory not eligible for X-plan is the Ford GT, I do believe. The Mustang GT was not eligible last year, but is this year.
From the FordPartners X-Plan website:

Current excluded vehicles include Ford GT, F-450 through F-750 Super Duty, E-450 and Aston Martin vehicles. This list of excluded vehicles is subject to change.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:01 PM
stangmann
2nd Gear Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh and thanks for the quotes from ford, that really set it in stone.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:07 PM
SafetyEngineer

"Current excluded vehicles include Ford GT, F-450 through F-750 Super Duty, E-450 and Aston Martin vehicles."

Last I checked, F450-750 weren't "cars" and the Aston Martin isn't in the Ford inventory.

<wink>
Old 06-28-2006, 11:14 PM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangmann

Thanks sonic I am from Mass do you know any dealers that may recognize the x plan?
Your welcome and I am sorry but I do not know of a dealer in Mass or New Hampshire that will sell a 07 GT at X-plan, ordered or not.

I have always bought my vehicles from Portsmouth Ford in New Hampshire as they have outstanding prices. They are a huge dealer and may be one of the largest here in the East. I bought my 2003 Lightning new with 5 miles on it for $29,500 when it had a MSRP for $32,300.

I have bought a total of 8 vehicles from them in the past 15 years or so and many for a very good deal and usually below invoice. However when I asked about ordering a 07 GT Coupe 5-speed manual the best they could do was $1,000 over invoice.

I wanted to order a Vista Blue GT Premium Coupe 5-speed manual with light graphite interior, IUP, 18†polished wheels. First thing is they and all the other dealers I have talked with rarely get any manuals. I think it’s an East Coast thing and snow, not sure, but very rare and when they do they sale for over MSRP.

Fast forward to two weeks ago and the salesman that sold me my Lightning calls me up and tells me they just got in, within 30 minutes of him calling me, a 2006 Vista Blue GT Premium with 5-speed manual, light graphite, 18†polished wheels, IUP, side seat airbags and active theft system.

He informs me he can sale it to me for $500 below invoice which is just about $400 below X-plan and that the sales manager gave him permission to hold it for me for 24 hours if I was interested.

It was a no brainer for me since it was what I wanted, loaded without the Shaker 1000 and especially since it was a 5-speed manual which when they usually get them they sale for $500 over MSRP.

Ask around on these forums because I have read there are some dealers in other states that are willing to order and sale a 07 at X-plan. If you don’t mind flying out to another state to get it that may be the way to go.

Also if your not looking for a manual but rather an automatic you might have better luck at finding a dealer here in the East willing to order and sale one at X-plan but I had no luck finding one back here in the East and I e-mailed a lot of dealers in and out of the area for the 5-speed manual.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

NO test drives allowed…

I have to say I support dealers who do not let just anybody test drive the GT Mustangs, especially the 5-speed manuals. Back here it was the same for the Lightnings, rarely if ever did any dealers let anyone take a Lightning out for a test drive unless they had financing ready to go or a credit check down ready to purchase.

When I purchased my Lightning it had 2.2 miles on it. When I recently purchased my 06 GT it had 1.8 miles on it. I would have never purchased a Lightning or Mustang GT that had over 3 – 5 miles on it, especially a 5-speed manual GT.

To many people like to take those kinds of vehicles out and hammer the crap out of them which usually leads to problems for the next “real†owner. Regardless what anybody states vehicles from the factory are NOT broken in at the factory, that is a fact…

Therefore for someone to take something out and beat the crap out it is just not logical and thus the dealers rarely let someone take one out for a test drive because people that know a little something about performance vehicles will usually never purchase one new that has more then 3 – 5 miles or so on it because you can just about consider it used with 10 or more miles on it…

For me the Mustang was like my Lightning. I knew I wanted it and didn’t need a test drive…
Old 06-28-2006, 11:24 PM
stangmann
2nd Gear Member

I went to Portsmouth ford and they would not recognize the x plan...thats funny to because they are a huge dealership I bought a truck there a few years ago and they have always been good to deel with, just not for this situation dammmmmmmmm.

Thanks for taking the time to let me in on ur story muchos appreciated.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 06-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

I went to Portsmouth ford and they would not recognize the x plan...thats funny to because they are a huge dealership I bought a truck there a few years ago and they have always been good to deel with, just not for this situation dammmmmmmmm.

Thanks for taking the time to let me in on ur story muchos appreciated.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Your welcome and after dealing with them for the past 15 years and yes every time before I purchase I always check the other dealers but never get as good a deal as at Portsmouth Ford but when then told me no X-plan I figured my responses to my emails would go unanswered and they basically did.

Hope you find a great deal somewhere as I am sure they are out there...
Old 06-28-2006, 11:49 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

I phoned my dealer (just outside Montréal) and said I was interested in swapping my GT for a Shelby if he could pull some strings and get one for me. I did some mods to my GT and the dealer is interested in getting it back.
He thinks he can get me something for September. Apparently it comes with only one plan. The get ready to get screwed on price plan![>:][>:][>:]

Patrick

-05GT-Painted stripes with painted mirrors,louvers- Painted Gauge pod/ Boost Gauge/Air fuel/Oil pressure- Torque H/P Conv.- M-4209 Gear 4.30- Hood Pins- Magnapack Exhaust- Steeda Springs- Carbon Fiber Dash kit- 4FU218-020SQ Vortech-Predator-Final lap tune

So I just got back from the dealership and my visit was a waste of time. I walked in and said I am interested in ordering an 07 gt and was looking to test drive one of the 06's on the lot. The salesman said we dont let our customers test drive these vehicles because the buyer does not want miles on thier vehicle. So my next question was do you guys honor x plan pricing and he said not on the gt's only on the v6's I was like wtf.[sm=badbadbad.gif]

What do you guys think, is this bs?
any input would be great

[IMG]local://upfiles/24844/C772F2FAEB0F4592AA97E61F88D62B3A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24844/5766FE6A6FEF40A0A11A0610A0F061F8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24844/CDA52449942E40608FADB4F9176C861B.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Dealer giving me a garbage story