Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 08:00 PM
PonyPilot

Default Turn Signal Issue

I'm having an issue with my right turn signal and right brake lights on the right side.

I've got a chase light setup, which has been working great for over four months. The last few days I'd noticed that when I turned on my right turn signal, the rate of the relay under the dash was going really fast. Finally, yesterday I investigated a bit more and found that my right rear turn signal didn't come on at all, nor did it light up when I applied brakes. The front right turn signal operates as normal (other than going fast) and when I turn on the headlights, the rear lights come on as expected. When I turn on the left turn signal I hear the familiar clickity click of the relays in the chase light kit, but it is silent when I turn on the right blinker. Emergency flashers are the same...only works on the left side, the right side is not working.

I don't know if there is something wrong with my chase light kit, or if it's something as simple as replacing one or more of the three lamps in the right tail...like maybe the high intensity portion of one or more of the lamps has failed and now none of them work?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

~PonyPilot
Old 06-28-2006, 08:33 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Turn Signal Issue

The first thing you need to do is check the bulbs. It sounds to me based on what your saying that the bulbs ave blown. If the bulbs are ok. then i would suggest you stick the stock harness back in and then take it to Ford as it may be the Smart Box which is located under the passgerside front kick panel. had the fast blink on the right turn signal also and the smart box was bad.

Richard
Old 06-28-2006, 08:35 PM
KdF
1st Gear Member

Change the bulb out.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:40 AM
PonyPilot

Okay, I've got my lights working again. It did in fact turn out to be just the bulb(s). I replaced all three, because they all looked okay to me, so without taking the time to figure out which one, just swapped them all out. I still don't know which one was burned out, but now that it's working so I'm happy with all three new lamps

I'd like to thank the two of you you responded to me and in addition I want to thank Gary of Meter4it where I bought my kit. Gary was responsive to my email to him and offered possible solutions:

> Two things can cause what you are experiencing.
> 1) The rear inboard light is burned out causing the rapid flashing as you describe. This would cause the middle and outboard light not to flash because it to fast.
> 2) The Red with White stripe wire from pin 2 and 5 on the grey connector have become disconnected. This would cause the same problems as you describe.

I love buying from vendors who give me this kind of response and assistance after the sale is done.

So, after reading Gary's response, looks like I probably just needed to swap out the inboard lamp and all would have been good again...something to think about doing next time...
Old 06-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I have the 4Meter lights too.... I was one of the first people getting them and we helped Gary with the install kits and he heled us any way he could..

I LOVE my Chase lights!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:57 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Glad to hear it was simply a bulb and that you got it taken care of. Also nice to see good Customer Service.

RIchard