Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flooding in Wilkes-Barre,PA Mustang Safe

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

Default Flooding in Wilkes-Barre,PA Mustang Safe

I live in Wilkes-Barre,PA. Actually thats our city but I live in Hanover Township. We had heavy rain here for days and the river was rising. Well, If anyone remembers Agnes Flood in 1972, this area was flooded bad. The house Im currently living in was in that flood. I bought it in April 2000. Tuesday Night /Wednesday, everyone was on the edge of their seats here. Waiting to see what will happen. Wondering if it will flood again like it did back in 1972. They built dikes around the river along the whole valley except certain areas. So it was a test to see if it will hold and how much water will go over. Tuesday night the (road)creek that was our way to get out was blocked on both ends. It flooded parts of the highway and road.
Wednesday at 12:00pm, we were ordered to leave and go to shelters or family/friends homes. My wife and I was both at work. She called me and said she was going home to pack things up and take certain things upstairs to try to save them. Because the 1972 flood only flooded the 1st floor. I was worried about her so I met her home.

We rushed around and pack our cars. I was watching the news and they said we had until 8:00pm to get out. But I didnt want to wait until then. I packed my trunk of my Mustang. It was filled with bags of things. I packed my wifes car with more things. I was so concern about my Mustang. Nobody knew what was going to happen Tuesday night so the neighbor across the street, drove his Mustang with mods to a safer place.

I told my wife to follow me. So, I backed my Stang out of the driveway and headed to my parents house a few minutes away in the next section of the area. They are in safe area cant get flooded there. I went down the road that was flooded the day before but it was open, but very dusty.

As I was driving down it, I was like "Great hope no rocks fly up and chip the paint." We got to my parents home and started to unpack.
They were in Atlantic City on their way back, but had many detours. I was beat from all that moving. I came outside when the sun went to check on the Mustang in front of the house.

This one druggie/crook on the street by my parents house likes to damage peoples car if he cant steal anything in your car. He and his friends has done alot of damage over the last few years. So you can see why I was nervous for leaving my car on the street. I dont need to wake up to this while having problems with a chance of flood.

So this morning, I woke up and my dad was cooking breakfast, I walked right past him and outside to check on the Mustang and my wife car. No damage was found. I was so happy.

As for the flood, many surrounding areasgot flooded. No flooding in my area. We were allowed back at noon today. So once again we packed the cars and headed home. My Mustang is back safe in my driveway in the back of the house. I cant wait to wash her and give her a nice coat of wax.

Oh by the way, the creek (very small bridge)the first time I went over was flooded. I went thru it very slowly hoping for it not to seek thru the doors. That would have been very bad. It a sulfur color and smell to it. I would have to get it detailed or carpeting replaced.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Shipwreck
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Flooding in Wilkes-Barre,PA Mustang Safe

Glad to hear that everything is allright. I live in Pottstown, and had some concerns of my own. So far everything in my area is sae, but on the other side of town a lot of people had flood damage.