Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How fun is 2009 going to be?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How fun is 2009 going to be?

ORIGINAL: McChicken
we could all replace them as the new posterboys for excessive gas guzzlers.
Good. The more whacked-out extreme-left-wing hippie la-la-land delusional ****** I can **** off the better, and if I don't have to exert any effort beyond driving to work every morning, that makes it even sweeter.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:39 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

As a left-wing-hippie-liberal that also digs musclecars and other fun stuff like that, I will say that the "New Horsepower Wars of the 21st Century, Part 1" won't mean a hill of beans if no one can afford to buy these cars. Gas keeps going up, and no one's really rolling in the dough. The same with the prices on new cars. Granted, theres this thing called inflation and all that jazz, but if it costs in excess of $30 Grand in mark-ups for baseline V8-powered cars (Ford, Chevy, Dodge, whatever), then I don't see too many people buying these cars and instead getting pocket-rockets from companies like Scion, Honda, Nissan, etc.

Old 07-07-2006, 03:47 PM
BigNasty06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: omer333
As a left-wing-hippie-liberal that also digs musclecars and other fun stuff like that, I will say that the "New Horsepower Wars of the 21st Century, Part 1" won't mean a hill of beans if no one can afford to buy these cars. Gas keeps going up, and no one's really rolling in the dough. The same with the prices on new cars. Granted, theres this thing called inflation and all that jazz, but if it costs in excess of $30 Grand in mark-ups for baseline V8-powered cars (Ford, Chevy, Dodge, whatever), then I don't see too many people buying these cars and instead getting pocket-rockets from companies like Scion, Honda, Nissan, etc.
The cost of fuel is THE REASON I went with the V6 Pony over the GT.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:24 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT06GT

-Camaro- I believe its a detuned version of the LS2 although it is still claimin 400hp, this is the one that scares me as I think its possibly going to (dont really wanna say it) hand me my ***?

What are your guys thoughts?
The Camaro has 400 HP as a CONCEPT car. The Mustang CONCEPT had 500. Just remember that the HP rating ALWAYS comes down from concept to production.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:58 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: BigNasty06

The cost of fuel is THE REASON I went with the V6 Pony over the GT.
The slight difference between the two is the reason I'm getting a GT. I sure hope you got a stick because it'll get you about the same mpg increase as the v6 over the v8 gets you.

Old 07-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Dan64456
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iluvmycar

lol.. no.. white rebok's. Just read the book Genesis Revisited... Highly recommend...
Not to knock on you.. (Im assuming you are Christian, if not sorry.)
But Jesus himself said that no one knows when the world would end.
Not even himself.

How can you argue that? (Besides if your not Christian)

Thats what this is about... The bible is REALLY abbreviated and translated back and fourth from and to different languages several times... Adam is actually 'The Adam' which really means the earth bound vessle. That is when it is read in hebrew. Sumerians were around much before Christians were, and alot of things in the bible are proven to be copied right out of Sumerian tablature... Christians just used scare tactics just to keep people coming to their churches and giving them money... If you only do good hearted things for people because of fear of going to hell if not, then you are a Christian for the wrong reason to begin with... THe idea is to actually WANT to do good things, positive reinforcement, not negative... Just one example of how humans distort things with their miscommunications, especially down the grape vine of 1000's of years... Read the book, and let me know how you feel about it after that... Very interesting stuff... The book does NOT denote christians or god in any way.. Just offers some blanks filled in. But any close minded Christian will tell you the book is the devil, and 6 days means 6 days... ("1000 years is like a yesterday to God" (quoted from the bible)) so the world being created in 6 days coulda actually meant 6000000 years. But an open minded Christian, will hopefully tell you to read it because it is interesting, even if you don't believe it.

You all do know that I am just fueling the fire on purpose just to be funny.. right? LOL

peace all.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:34 PM
speeddemon

I heard that the GTO is going to be discontinued.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:59 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

...and on the seventh day, the big man rested by retiring to his workshop and creating the small-block V8 (it was a chevy, but let's not sweat the details).
Old 07-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

ORIGINAL: GT06GT

-Camaro- I believe its a detuned version of the LS2 although it is still claimin 400hp, this is the one that scares me as I think its possibly going to (dont really wanna say it) hand me my ***?

What are your guys thoughts?
The Camaro has 400 HP as a CONCEPT car. The Mustang CONCEPT had 500. Just remember that the HP rating ALWAYS comes down from concept to production.
vette gets lt1...camaro/firebird gets lt1
vette gets ls1...camaro/firebird gets ls1
vette gets ls2...you see the pattern yet? there is no reason whatsoever the new maro won't get the ls2. granted, it MIGHT come in a "385hp" detuned form (reminiscent of the 325hp ls1 vs the vette's 345hp identical motor). it would actually be STRANGE for the camaro NOT to get the 400hp ls2 in some form or another, esp given R&D prices and production numbers of said motor...

what ford needs to do is put out a freaking boss/gt350/mach1 with an NA aluminum block 5.4 3v with 375hp (completely reasonable given the 300-->500 gap right now), which will be just as fast as the maro
Old 07-07-2006, 08:10 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

Always place a huge wager with someone who claims the world is going to end. If they're are right and your wrong..."you don't have to pay up"!

Quick Reply: How fun is 2009 going to be?