Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

top ten ways to make your mustang gt faster

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 02:37 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: top ten ways to make your mustang gt faster

ORIGINAL: GJP05

Before you guys do anything I would suggest you read up on blow by racing and their head and cam combo. There has been plenty of debate as to weather they were inflating the numbers, and MM&FF doesn't verify claims by people that advertise with them they just run their articles.
Those numbers arent numbers given to them by a company, they are numbers that the magazine got themselves by doing the install... if you had read the article youd know that.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:56 AM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

If you did a little more reaserch you would find that the numbers and dyno sheet are directly from blow by racing. If you knew a little more then you would know that I already have cams and head work done to my car and know that those are not the gains you will get. I also have many other mods including a S/C which which would help with the numbers you will receive with cams and heads and I still did not see those knid of numbers. Now you can guess what you will gain by what companies claim in magazines or you can do the work like I have and know what you are talking about.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:03 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

If you did a little more reaserch you would find that the numbers and dyno sheet are directly from blow by racing. If you knew a little more then you would know that I already have cams and head work done to my car and know that those are not the gains you will get. I also have many other mods including a S/C which which would help with the numbers you will receive with cams and heads and I still did not see those knid of numbers. Now you can guess what you will gain by what companies claim in magazines or you can do the work like I have and know what you are talking about.
YUP... they ARE from blow by racing.. because they were at blow by racing's shop. Thats where they did the install. Sorry I actually read the article not just looked at the pretty pictures.. Seen as how I havent done cam work to my car then I would obviously have to go by their numbers and trust theyre right now wouldnt I smart guy? Otherwise how else would I know any numbers at all? I cant predict them.. Im not psychic which you seem to expect me to be. You expect me to know you have cam work done when you dont list any mods in your sig? Wow thats really smart isnt it big guy? Am I supposed to know everyones mods now? Should I make a list? Hmmm.. Seems all I did was list the numbers I read in an article and try to help someone, along with AmericanMuscle who read the same article, and you had to come along and slam **** in my face. Honestly I think youre just upset that they got better numbers than you did. Ever think your cam and head install wasnt done as good as theirs? Hmmm ever think that every car is different and isnt going to get the same gains? Hmm.. ever think you mouthed off and made yourself look like an ***? Have a nice night. Im goin to bed.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:04 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I am always leary of alot of these magazines. They always portray their dyno results in the best light and never properly process their data to show the true gains.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:13 AM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

YUP... they ARE from blow by racing.. because they were at blow by racing's shop. Thats where they did the install. Sorry I actually read the article not just looked at the pretty pictures.. Seen as how I havent done cam work to my car then I would obviously have to go by their numbers and trust theyre right now wouldnt I smart guy? Otherwise how else would I know any numbers at all? I cant predict them.. Im not psychic which you seem to expect me to be. You expect me to know you have cam work done when you dont list any mods in your sig? Wow thats really smart isnt it big guy? Am I supposed to know everyones mods now? Should I make a list? Hmmm.. Seems all I did was list the numbers I read in an article and try to help someone, along with AmericanMuscle who read the same article, and you had to come along and slam **** in my face. Honestly I think youre just upset that they got better numbers than you did. Ever think your cam and head install wasnt done as good as theirs? Hmmm ever think that every car is different and isnt going to get the same gains? Hmm.. ever think you mouthed off and made yourself look like an ***? Have a nice night. Im goin to bed.
Listin here newbie, do your reaserch on blow by racing. Its posted on half the forums out there about how their numbers are inflated. If you want to waste your money with them then thats your problem but don't say that you weren't warned. What I was saying is just because it was put in MM&FF it doesn't make the numers true. Blow by racing was asked to provide proof of their numbers and they were even offered money for the dyno's to be run at an indpendent dyno but they offered nothing but excuses.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:18 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Listin here newbie, do your reaserch on blow by racing. Its posted on half the forums out there about how their numbers are inflated. If you want to waste your money with them then thats your problem but don't say that you weren't warned. What I was saying is just because it was put in MM&FF it doesn't make the numers true. Blow by racing was asked to provide proof of their numbers and they were even offered money for the dyno's to be run at an indpendent dyno but they offered nothing but excuses.
Do I really car about blow by racing? No... do I really care if their numbers are inflated? No.. do I care about your senseless babbling? No. If I wanted to sit there and criticize a company I would have. BUT like I said before, all I was trying to do was offer someone some insight on something I READ! GET OFF MY BACK! I didnt say I went and did 12387123 hours of research on the damn cams like you obviously did. I never said I knew everything about the company or their background or how they inflate numbers or anything! I SIMPLY SAID I READ IT IN A MAGAZINE. PERIOD. If you wanted to bitch about something why not go bitch in the O/T section because youre not helping this guy. He made a thread asking a question. I tried to help. If you have a problem with that... f*ck yourself.

BTW... calling me a newbie? I have double your posts.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:33 AM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

You are not helping anyone by posting numbers that are not obtainable and you have double the posts but you have only been here for 2 months. That just says that you are a post *****. You post what you have read or heard but nothing of what you have actually done. This tells me that you have little to no experince, so you should stop trying to answer questions that you don't know the answer to. Real world knowledge is always more accurate then what you read or heard. I didn't post anything against you untill you started this argument over something you read not something you had done. I told you and the others to make sure you did your reaserch before you went and added something to your car, just because it looked good in a magazine.

Edit: after reading some of your posts and seeing the way you act I can only guess that your some teenage kid that knows nothing but likes to act like he does.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:08 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

You are not helping anyone by posting numbers that are not obtainable and you have double the posts but you have only been here for 2 months. That just says that you are a post *****. You post what you have read or heard but nothing of what you have actually done. This tells me that you have little to no experince, so you should stop trying to answer questions that you don't know the answer to. Real world knowledge is always more accurate then what you read or heard. I didn't post anything against you untill you started this argument over something you read not something you had done. I told you and the others to make sure you did your reaserch before you went and added something to your car, just because it looked good in a magazine.

Edit: after reading some of your posts and seeing the way you act I can only guess that your some teenage kid that knows nothing but likes to act like he does.
LOL of course I havent done much to my car, I have only had it about 2 months. And btw I never said that I had done alot to my car or say that the numebrs given by MM&FF were real. All I ever said was that I read those numbers. No youre right I dont have alot of real world experience in altering my own car, thats why Im here. To learn. But if me giving someone a quote from a magazine article and trying to be helpful is being a "know it all" like you seem to think I am then you should probably step back and think about it for a minute. First off I never claimed to have done this to my car. Second off I clearly stated that the numbers were what the magazine claimed. Thirdly I never wanted to do any research on blow by racing because honestly I really couldnt care less. All I was doing was stating the fact that they claimed 100 hp over stock for this install. Thats it. You dont seem to get that point.

I dont really care if the numbers are wrong. All I cared about was saying "They got 100 hp over stock" and I did. End of story. Im not even arguing about the fact that theyre inflated because for all I know they could be. But you seem to want to push the fact that they are lieing through a magazine.... and I have never denied that they arent because fact is, I dont know if they are or not, no one does!

As for me being a post *****... Guess its better that I check the forums every now and then rather than be a member for over a year and never post anything helpful huh?
Old 07-10-2006, 04:16 AM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

I suggest you go back and reread all your posts in this thread. First you say that the numbers were obtained by the magazine then you admit that the numbers were from blow by racing. Your first few posts seem to indicate that you think that you will gain near 100hp with cams and head work. I don't think you have all that many useful posts, most of your posts seem to be arguments with people that are actually working on their cars not reading some magazine. You need to check around more and find out if my posts are useful compared to yours. Like I already stated you post info that you get from a magazine or heard someone tell you they did, I post info from experince. I'm done aruguing with some kid that has too much time and not enough experince.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:33 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

I suggest you go back and reread all your posts in this thread. First you say that the numbers were obtained by the magazine then you admit that the numbers were from blow by racing. Your first few posts seem to indicate that you think that you will gain near 100hp with cams and head work. I don't think you have all that many useful posts, most of your posts seem to be arguments with people that are actually working on their cars not reading some magazine. You need to check around more and find out if my posts are useful compared to yours. Like I already stated you post info that you get from a magazine or heard someone tell you they did, I post info from experince. I'm done aruguing with some kid that has too much time and not enough experince.
Well just to clarify the numbers are by the magazine... on blow by racing's dyno. And yes I do read magazines and this forum because like I said before, I dont have alot of experience, so what I read and hear from people is what I have to go by, otherwise how else would I know how to do anything. Thats why Im reading and talking to people.. to learn things so that I CAN do them myself and GET experience. Most of my posts seem to be arguments.. thats funny seeing as how Ive only gotten into... 1 or 2 disagreements with people on here (not including this one). And unfortunately like you not every can be a know it all. You seem to claim to have done everything under the sun to your car and have o so much experience, yet you havent contributed to this thread besides bashing me. You say you have done the cam and head mod and claim that the numbers by MM&FF are horrible lies yet you havent laid any numbers of your own down on the table...

Quick Reply: top ten ways to make your mustang gt faster