Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New *PICTURES* and magazine *UPDATES*

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 01:23 PM
dstangrunner
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New pictures from trip to the Sierra Mountains

Nice Pic. That is so cool.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:45 PM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman2424

Well great news guys, I just got this from Jim:

Oh - well I live in Palmdale. I'd like to shoot your Mustang and tell your story. Is your Mustang GT in good magazine order? Just some minor detail work on an '06 and you should be ready to rock.

Jim

That is really really cool! I need to get up to the sierras again. Been way too long.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:06 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

That's pretty cool.

By the way here is somehting for those bugs. I know it looks aggressive but trust me it works great and will not ahrm the paint. Get yourself some Detail Spray and a few Microfiber towles and take it with you to clean the bugs off.

http://www.autogeek.net/pinsafscrub.html

Richard

LOL thanks guys.

06GT4RAD, yeah that would have been good cause we have like 50 of those microfiber towels at home, but I didn't think I would be taking pics of the Stang', but I'll remember that next time, thanks.

UPDATE!!!

Just got this back from Jim this morning:

Hi - well, I'd like to see you bring it up here because we have more good photo locations. You and your dad need to come on up and we will do a father/son theme. What is your schedule and I think I can work around it.

Jim

This is from CARandDRIVER:

Eric, they're great pictures for a 16 year old. I also hope that you get to drive the 'Stang from time to time because I'm sure it's plenty of fun with those modifications - even if it's not a "girl-o-matic" I'm sure it impresses the ladies!

CARandDRIVER

This is from MM&FF:

Great shots. For a little more effect, use a tripod and shoot at dusk or just before and just after to ride the harsh lighting.

Evan J. Smith
Editor
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine
Primedia
365 W. Passaic St.
Rochelle Park, NJ 07662

So i'm going to be in Colorado from this Sunday to next Sunday so I 'm going to schedule a time to meet him for the shoot sometime this month. This is so cool!!!!

Old 07-12-2006, 10:42 PM
2006RedGT
2nd Gear Member

Wow thats awesome. I didn't think that you would get so many responses. Thats very very cool that even a very major magazine like Car and Driver would send you back an e-mail. I'm also 16 and turn 17 in August and I just ordered my 07 Torch red mustang that is going to look just like that one except with the Fanblades. How do you like the Airaid CAI? That was the CAI i was looking at getting and was planning to install a Hurst shortshifter also. Do you think that maybe as you get older your dad will give you the mustang to drive? Pretty cool car to be driving around with your permit.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:03 AM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 2006RedGT

Wow thats awesome. I didn't think that you would get so many responses. Thats very very cool that even a very major magazine like Car and Driver would send you back an e-mail. I'm also 16 and turn 17 in August and I just ordered my 07 Torch red mustang that is going to look just like that one except with the Fanblades. How do you like the Airaid CAI? That was the CAI i was looking at getting and was planning to install a Hurst shortshifter also. Do you think that maybe as you get older your dad will give you the mustang to drive? Pretty cool car to be driving around with your permit.
My dad said that the Airaid is definitely more responsive in W.O.T and gets about 2-3 more mpg. Actually my dad got the stang for me but long story short, it was way too much car for me to handle at my age so I told him to keep it for himself. I will be getting my stang' when I graduate High School. WHo knows I may even get the new model stang' if it looks good, but I will be interested to see them try to top the current stang'.

BTW thanks for the nice comments.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:22 AM
2006RedGT
2nd Gear Member

I would bet after another 2 months when you get your license and then maybe after a year of driving i'm sure it would be OK. Remember, just because a car is fast doesn't mean you have to drive it fast, but i respect your choice and remember most kids at our age wouldn't be thinking that intelligently. They would be going for the car they couldn't drive very well. My mustang is a step down from my dads car i learned to drive a stick on. 400 horsepower Bimmer with a high-perf tranny/clutch is not the car i would reccomend to learn to drive a stick on.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:27 AM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

I'm going to be driving the stang' allot, it just won't be mine. See, the thing is, I already have mod fever so I need to save $$$ for a couple of years to be ready for it lol.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:32 AM
2006RedGT
2nd Gear Member

LOL good point. I'm going to have 1007 dollars worth of parts sitting in my garage before it gets here.
Is your dad running a programmer with the chip? Or is he just running the intake with the restrictor?
Old 07-13-2006, 03:38 AM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 2006RedGT

LOL good point. I'm going to have 1007 dollars worth of parts sitting in my garage before it gets here.
Is your dad running a programmer with the chip? Or is he just running the intake with the restrictor?
He doesn't have a tuner YET lol. He will eventually get one though. We are building a big outdoor BBQ at our house so mods for the stang' will have to wait a while for my dad's wallet to fill back up.