Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 GT Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 03:43 PM
hawwk11
3rd Gear Member

Default 2005 GT Turbo?

Im thinking about upgrading to an 05' Gt but want to know what is currently the best turbo kit out on the market?

Thanks,
Old 07-12-2006, 03:57 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: 2005 GT Turbo?

Well, that is a very subjective question. I love my turbo from PowerHouse, the customer service and quality are top notch. At least a couple guys have taken off s/c's in favor of the turbo kit from PowerHouse.

I can't say I am crazy about the GMS kit as there have been a few people that reported problems with it.

The STS kit is over priced and over complicated. For the same boost and hp as the PowerHouse kit the STS twin turbo kit will cost you $3k more. The single turbo kit from STS isn't designed to make much boost and therefore is a waste IMO.

The MMR kit has questionable quality and the customer service there is horrible. Not to mention it might take you 6 months to get all of the parts.

I don't know of any others that are actually on the market right now.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:03 PM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

hang tight people, i feel a group buy on s197 turbo kits coming soon. i will post more info when i get all teh details ironed out
Old 07-12-2006, 04:04 PM
hawwk11
3rd Gear Member

Thanks, alot bro... I will research the pwr house kit and btw congrats on your turbo and your #'s.
ORIGINAL: 1QuickShortBus

Well, that is a very subjective question. I love my turbo from PowerHouse, the customer service and quality are top notch. At least a couple guys have taken off s/c's in favor of the turbo kit from PowerHouse.

I can't say I am crazy about the GMS kit as there have been a few people that reported problems with it.

The STS kit is over priced and over complicated. For the same boost and hp as the PowerHouse kit the STS twin turbo kit will cost you $3k more. The single turbo kit from STS isn't designed to make much boost and therefore is a waste IMO.

The MMR kit has questionable quality and the customer service there is horrible. Not to mention it might take you 6 months to get all of the parts.

I don't know of any others that are actually on the market right now.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:16 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

^^^ pretty much exactly what he said ^^^
Hellion is supposed to be releasing their any day now ( sounds like the Whipple story! ) I have no love lost for JR so it is hard for me to back the GMS system even if it was the greatest system in the world. The STS is facinating....but that is about as far as I would go with it. Seems WAY too over priced. Powerhouse seems to have a solid kit out. I have talked with Mike several times, seems like good people. Only know of one person that has the MMR kit, and it did take about 6 months to get all the parts.

Personally, I wanted a turbo kit from the beginning, but was going through serious PSI withdrawal. No regrets on getting the SC. But it doesn't keep me from keeping my eyes open on future plans. In fact, my speed shop discussed the subject with me yesterday
Old 07-12-2006, 04:25 PM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

hopefully i will have all the vital information on the turbo kit group buy by this evening. i will say that the kit will be offered by a very very reputable company with the backing of mf and myself
Old 07-12-2006, 04:38 PM
zjdoran7
1st Gear Member

hey 1quickshortbus, what stage is ur Turbo and how much did it cost? would you recommend the stage 1 turbo for $1350? is that too much?
Old 07-12-2006, 04:52 PM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

pending on what a stage one turbo is, 1350 sounds really really low for an all inclusive turbo kit though
Old 07-12-2006, 04:56 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: zjdoran7
hey 1quickshortbus, what stage is ur Turbo and how much did it cost? would you recommend the stage 1 turbo for $1350? is that too much?
I don't know what you are looking at, PowerHouse only offers one turbo kit for 4.6 3v motors and it's $5495. If you are refferring to just a turbo not a kit I can see $1350 but I don't know anyone that talks about stages, should be using the size, trim, A/R etc to refer to a turbo.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:10 PM
hawwk11
3rd Gear Member

I for got to ask, does anyone know if any or all of the turbo kits emissions legal for California? If so please list the ones that are.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: 2005 GT Turbo?