Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cervinis Body Kit and Vortech Supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 09:15 PM
djekho

Default Cervinis Body Kit and Vortech Supercharger?

Ok Guys,
I need a little help. I have already purchased the Cervinis body kit and it arrived the other week. They sent me several rolls of double-sided tape to attach the body kit with. I am not too thrilled about this. I have been told that if I use the double-sided tape, I most likely will be seeing some of the parts coming off on about six-months later. I was suggested to find an epoxy that I can use to bond the parts to the car's body. I was told tech-bond is a good product, but it is not manufactured anymore. It was an A and B type epoxy that you would mix together and use. I have searched the internet and found product that are used in wood work and other type of bonding jobs but nothing that I can use on urethane to metal body kits.Can anyone suggest a simialr product and where I can get it? This delimma is holding me back from installing my body-kit and it is killing me .
I am also having a vortech supercharger installed this weekend on my 06 GT mustang! Any good or bad comments about this type of supercharger? I was told that I would only be getting 395 - 405 hp to the rear wheels; is this true? Reading the spec's on this supercharger it states that I would be getting 463 to the rear wheels! Can anyone shed some light on me of what I might be expecting to obtain out of installing this supercharger? Thanks guys in advice for any help.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:48 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Cervinis Body Kit and Vortech Supercharger?

Well as far as the kit goes there is more to it then just double sided tape to install the kit, but I can say fom experience that the tape for the most part holds up good if applied correctly (clean and dry surfaces is the big part). But if you go back through the boxes there are also screws that get used. Personally I am having the side scoops molded to the cars body, and if I decided to add the wing I would do that as well. Until then my kit sits in the garage next to the car. The only 2 parts that you can't screw on to the body are the window and side scoops.

Im not sure about the supercharger I personally have been looking into the Powerhouse Turbo Kit.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Cervinis Body Kit and Vortech Supercharger?

Most body kits need to be painted first, before you install them. Now your bonding problem becomes paint-to-paint. Good luck.

As for Vortech's, I dislike the plumbing complexity. Punching holes into your oil pan and using pump driven air/water intercoolers is a lot of plumbing I wouldn't want to fail. At least with a Procharger, it's a no-pump air/air intercooler and no external oil connections.