Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MyColor Dash Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 12:18 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Default MyColor Dash Upgrade

I am thinking about doing the MyColor Dash Upgrade on my 05 GT. I'm most interested in it because of the extra readout, and the fact that I can only get the white face gauge kits for the upgraded console. It seems that I read somewhere that there needs to be an additional module in order for the upgrade to work, and that there is a way to check if it is already installed.

How do I check to see if my car is ready for the kit plug and play? I just have the 3 fake buttons in place where the upgrade buttons would go. Can I pull those, and check for wires or plugs there?

Thanks for the help
Old 07-14-2006, 06:10 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MyColor Dash Upgrade

56 views and no responses. Somebody please help me out!
Old 07-14-2006, 06:37 PM
GT for the win

where can i find this dash upgrade. I have a stangard interior and i would like to upgrade to the my color. After that ill be able to help you. I work at A ford dealership ill ask the electrician how to make this work
Old 07-14-2006, 07:15 PM
RemainVayne
1st Gear Member

There should be a set of wires behind those 3 fake buttons. If you don't have those wires, then consider yourself outta luck. I think Ford stopped putting the wires in non My Color cars around April '05 or something like that...
Old 07-14-2006, 07:37 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT for the win

where can i find this dash upgrade. I have a stangard interior and i would like to upgrade to the my color. After that ill be able to help you. I work at A ford dealership ill ask the electrician how to make this work
Here is a response I pasted from another post. I just emailed Ed on the site below to see if I can still order this part from him. I'll let you know what I hear.

this is one guy that in the early days has sold the cluster and switch to people. we also have a few ford parts guys now on the forums and they have sold a few i think. the cluster is arounf 220 bucks and the switch is around 35 but that was a year ago. call this guy his name is ed olsen or someone else chime in i think the other guy is cleviners or something. anyway guys have been charged anywere from 75 to 150 bucks. it all depends on the shop and if they have done one before. thats why i recomend installing the switch and removing the bezel prior to going to the dealer and making an appt so your in and out. alittle prep will go along way to saving you some time and money at the dealer. if your in so cal my guy can prob do it and it should be the lower price.
they are in carson CA. it is a great upgrade the color isnt the only thing remember you get amp and oil gauges now they arent the best but at least they are there its the message center that i like . door ajar, check this and that, miles to E, miles traveled, min driven and some more. good luck with it and happy 4th of july i wont be around much today i setup the long beach fireworks show at vets stadium. just figured id check in before i go. if you have any more questions email me i may come home for lunch.
http://y2kford.com/default.aspx?html=parts.html
Old 07-14-2006, 07:38 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RemainVayne

There should be a set of wires behind those 3 fake buttons. If you don't have those wires, then consider yourself outta luck. I think Ford stopped putting the wires in non My Color cars around April '05 or something like that...
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. Hopefully I have the wires. I have TC and purchased my GT in Feb 05. So hopefully they are there.