Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plastic interior trim above passenger door -2005 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 10:08 PM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

Default Plastic interior trim above passenger door -2005 Mustang

I took my 2005 Mustang in the shop about a month after I bought it last June for the plastic interior trim above passenger door. It came lose and was just hanging there. I figure why should I bother fooling around with it and risking breaking it. So I called the Ford dealer where I bought it from. They told me to bring it in and they would have to look at it to determine what can be done. I took it up there and within 5 minutes they told me it was done. He said he just snapped it back in. I was like ok great. Just last week ,about a year later, it came out again. So I called them up again and they told me to take it to their body shop just down the road from the main shop. Theres a metal clip that attaches behind the trim that holds it into place.

I also pointed out that 2 other retaining clips (not sure what most people call them) were not holding. One under the rear passanger seat (holds the trim on) and one in the trunk. Only way I saw these was when I was detaling my Stang. He said the trim/clip and the other clips are all under warranty unless they see that they were abused. So I took the Stang up last Saturday to the shop and the girl thats in charge comes out. She gets into the Mustang and starts beating on the trim and she shows me that its in. I told her thats what they said last years also and I proceeded to explain that it didnt hold. I then told her about the clip in the backseat. She goes into the shop abd brings out 2 different sizes, none that was the correct size. She said she would have to order it and tells me she will call when its in.

I go out to my car and my wife and son gets in. I reach under the passenger trim with my finger and the trim falls down. I run back into the place and tell her that I am not happy with it. Once again she has to call and order that part. I wasted a trip up there and I dont get anywhere.
I call them Friday and left a message , so far they didnt call me. I am calling them everyday until I get the parts.

What sucks about this whole thing is that we are leaving for Nashville next Saturday morning and I would like to have them fixed for the trip so nothing else happens to them. They should have them parts in stock. These are new cars and the parts do not take up much space. They should realize that someone will need these clips again.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:28 AM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Plastic interior trim above passenger door -2005 Mustang

Follow Up.....

Coccia Ford Body Shop called today and told me my parts were in. She wanted me to come in next week but I am leaving for Nashville this Saturday. Thats the earliest they can take me because 3 guys are out on vacation and operations. She said how about Monday July 31 a few days after I get home. I said, "I guess I don't have a choice now do I." She said," I don't knw what your working hours are but we are here 8 - 4:30. I said I will be here at 8:00 and it better get done fast. She said only 15 minutes.

I can't believe it. It should take no more than 5 minutes tops. An appointment for something like that, unbelievable.
They will probably write it as an hour labor and turn it into FORD.

I will have to go on vacation with this trim like this hoping it wont break off while cruising on the highway. Maybe I will attach some black electrical tape to it to hold it. A week to get the parts when they told me at the main shop they get them shipped overnight.