Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Way to get a GT500 **legally**?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 01:23 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

Default Best Way to get a GT500 **legally**?

...for msrp. Is there anyway for me to get a gt500 at msrp? My dad has agreed to buy a GT500 at MSRP. I know this is almost an impossible task if you dont personally know your dealer, but any suggestions will help me out a ton!

Old 07-16-2006, 01:33 AM
DuFFMaNN
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Best Way to get a GT500?

Save up the difference between MSRP and what you would buy it for and have your dad pay MSRP and you pay the diff.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:44 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

Just be patient and wait, they will drop to close to MSRP. Heck, I had a corvette dealer willing to order me a ZO6 at MSRP. He said it would come in in approx 13 months. But would show all order info to prove it was legit and give me a VIN and build within a certain time frame.

If you are willing to wait for a car, MSRP shouldent be to hard to come by at some point.

All the so called hot cars that were 10K+ above MSRP all ended up at MSRP within 12-24 months. Corvette ZO6, bevery BMW M car ever produced, mustang GT, ford GT, enzo, porsche carrera GT, they all come back to reality eventually.

Put it this way, anyone who wants a shelby, will have one before this run is over. And the guys willing to wait will pay MSRP or better.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:54 AM
RabidCharlie
1st Gear Member

The best way to get a GT500 at MSRP would be if you were in the military and stationed overseas. The military has a perk from the AAFES (Army Air Force Exchange Service) in which all the major American car makers offer vehicles to military members stationed overseas. They will take an order, build the vehicle, and have it delivered to a dealership of the military member's choice for pickup when he returns stateside. If there are any rebates, AAFES will match all of them. I bought my wife's 2003 Escape that way, built it the way she wanted it and get over $3500 in rebates.

Remember when the Thunderbird came out? I was in Kuwait the first year it came out. Guys were buying up these cars through AAFES then selling them when they got home because all the dealerships sold out their allocations. They made some big profits on those T-birds that first year.

Good luck!
Old 07-16-2006, 03:00 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

No way to get one for MSRP now, but wait 6 months to a year and the price should come down.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:11 AM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

I would recommend praying to whatever deity you believe in. Until a year to two years from now, I can bet it's going to be next to impossible to get onefor MSRP.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:39 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

steal it.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:07 PM
nem
2nd Gear Member

do you know someone who works @ a ford plant. they can get you X- plan.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: superiormirage

I would recommend praying to whatever deity you believe in.
LOL!! "Oh Great Kahuna, please grant me a Shelby so that I may go forth unto the world with my chin held high!" I like it, would make a good bedtime prayer

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

steal it.
Haha! I like how you guys think outside the box!

ORIGINAL: nem

do you know someone who works @ a ford plant. they can get you X- plan.
First, welcome to the forums! Second, there is no Ford dealership in any country on this planet that would accept x-plan pricing on a Shelby, it doesn't matter who you're sleeping with. Maybe in the far distant future, but I even doubt that unless they make a lot more than they're currently talking about.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:57 PM
slowryde45
1st Gear Member

Do you have a COSTCO in your area? They offer discount pricing on new cars, too. I bought my '06 by getting a price quote through COSTCO, which ended up being $300 over factory invoice price, NOT dealer invoice. By the time we got through with the dealer, I think we had him so confused over pricing that we got the car for $100 over factory invoice price.

So all in all, it was worth it, because the lowest price car the dealer offered was a "loss-leader" to get the public to come in and look, and it was a bare-bones model. We ended up getting all the options we wanted, plus leather/alarm system/side air bags for $200 over their "loss-leader" car price. I think we made out alright.

Yes the military still gets decent price breaks, too. So do just about anyone working in the auto/trucking industry. My cousin works for FREIGHTLINER, and they offer their employees and employee family members 3 to 8% over invoice pricing on anything put out by Daimler/Chrysler (including Mercedes/Maybach/Vipers/etc) and FORD trucks. Pretty interesting when you drive by their plant here in Oregon what their employees drive. Talk about perks....

Quick Reply: Best Way to get a GT500 **legally**?