Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The BOSS is finally finished - PICS

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 09:02 PM
underbird10
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: The BOSS is finally finished - PICS

Hey bl1nkage,

It's kinda a long story, but I ordered the stripe kit from stripetheworld.com out of Canada. The kit comes with the three hood stripes, two fender stripes, and four rocker panel stripes. Unfortunately, the kit is a MF'er to install and I screwed up the first kit trying to do it myself. Don't even bother, it takes a seasoned pro to do it correctly. I had a guy with about 15 years experience do mine (the second time) and it took him 3.5 hours to do the job.

I would recommend that you make sure that any kit you order is either 3M or Avery vinyl. I was told by several people that the quality of their vinyl and the type of transfer backing that they use makes it easier to install. Mine was not either one of those, but it seems to be a good heavy grade.

The Charcoal metallic kit(s) cost me $150 per (I think the non-metallics are about 20% cheaper), and the install job was $125, but I paid the guy $150 since he was extra careful to make sure everything aligned properly. The fender stripes are very hard to get aligned correctly to fall across the GT emblem squarely.

If you decide to go this route, I'd be happy to offer a few suggestions (or my installer's e-mail address) and some photos to help your installer get it right the first time. My guy offered several suggestions that makes the job go a lot smoother.

UB10
Old 07-21-2006, 09:19 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

WOW, yours looks so good I thought they were painted on lol.. had no idea it was a kit. I was looking into getting mine painted because I had no idea they made a kit like that but Ill definately consider that now. Only problem would be to find someone qualified enough to do it around my area. Not many body shops around here and the ones that are here either dont have enough experience or are always booked. First things first though, I got to figure out what pattern or design I want for sure lol.. If I decide to go with the kit Ill be sure to get in touch with ya, thanks!
Old 07-22-2006, 11:35 AM
underbird10
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, the guy did a fantastic job. I would highly reccomend the vinyl personally since it's removable, so you can change the look of your baby every few years if you so choose. I am the type of person that likes a new toy after 4 or 5 years, so I'll probably do some tweaking to the theme in a few years. Perhaps some new style of body kit that would be unique to the stuff that's floating around today. Or I could go for a more or less aggressive stripe package.

Vinyl means flexibility (no pun intended), whereas paint is much more permanent, unless you want to shell out several thousand to get a whole new paint job.

Just some thoughts that run through my bent mind......

UB10
Old 07-22-2006, 12:14 PM
FlyUgly

Man.... that thing looks BAD ***
Old 07-22-2006, 12:57 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Nice job!!!