MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Tall people having problems shifting in your 05/06 MT stangs? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/155094-tall-people-having-problems-shifting-in-your-05-06-mt-stangs.html)

Spiffu 07-21-2006 01:19 AM

Tall people having problems shifting in your 05/06 MT stangs?

I myself being 6'4", swedish/german/nordish background etc etc, I'm finding myself having a hard time clutching easily in my 06 mustang gt. The problem is I can't feather it properly due to the fact my knee will hit the bottom of the steering wheel way to easily. Nevermind I can't speed quick or speed shift at all.

I've tried several configurations of the power seat functions, nothing has worked. The tilt is as high as it will go.

So now the only thing that I can resort to is leaning my leg to the side and shifting with the ball of my big toe. It works, but its not the same as a person of the shorter persuasion would be able to.

So I'm just wondering if anyone else out there around my height with long legs is having similar problems.

hammeron 07-21-2006 01:22 AM

RE: Tall people having problems shifting in your 05/06 MT stangs?

have you lowered the drivers seat as low as it will go? i'm
a tall driver as well (6' 3") and with the tilt up, I have no leg/clutch
issues.

Good luck and I hope you find a comfortable position

Red_Stallion 07-21-2006 02:38 AM

Yah I am 6'4" and all leg, I keep the seat tilted back cockpit style and pretty low and don't have any problems. What I do complain about is my right leg actually and how it rubs the vertical sharp edge of the dash panel.

AmericanMuscle4.6GT 07-21-2006 02:53 AM

my manager, whos about 6'2, sat in my car, said he felt so cramped. which is weird, cause he drives an MR2.

Big JCL 07-21-2006 03:56 AM

Im 6'5 1/2 and ordered a automatic 07. Im waiting for extender rails that may soon be avail on the late model mustang. Everyone (Aftermarket) so far is not avail but will be out event.

Keeff 07-21-2006 04:38 AM

I am 6'6" and don't have a problem shifting. All of my cars have been fairly cramped for me, so I guess I have just gotten use to shifting with my leg at an angle.

For me the seat has to be all the way back, all the way down and reclined quite a bit. The tilt is all the way up as well.

ORIGINAL: Red_Stallion
What I do complain about is my right leg actually and how it rubs the vertical sharp edge of the dash panel.
I have this same problem, I hate it! It gets sore right below my knee on my right leg after really long drives.

Sleeper05 07-21-2006 02:40 PM

im 6'5' and i have to scoot the seat forward about 2inches to reach the pedals and shifter comfortably...there is soooooo much more room in this new stang than my old 97

CrazyAl 07-21-2006 03:01 PM

I'm 6'4". I have no problems driving or shifting. I have the seat back nearly all the way, which renders the rear seat behind me basically useless though.

My main complaint is that if I let someone else drive the car (who isn't tall) and they put the seat forward, I must remember to reset the seat before sitting down, otherwise I jam my knee against the dash when I sit.

alumacomp 07-21-2006 05:42 PM

6'4" and no problems for me.

Racefiend 07-21-2006 08:53 PM

6'4 also and I don't have problems. But then again, I keep my leg a little sideways since I've gotten used to doing that with other cars. However, I do have issues feathering the clutch on this car. Even with what feels like it should be a perfect start, the car slightly bogs just once. Or I'll over rev. I rarely get a perfect start unless I REALLY feather it. It's weird cause my other car has an AL flywheel and a 6 puck, and chatters more than a chipmunk, yet I can get normal starts with ease on it.