Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sponsorship

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 05:22 PM
zjdoran7
1st Gear Member

Default Sponsorship

What's the verdict on getting sponsorship? Has anyone tried or wanted to get it? I talked to a guy today who said that I could get sponsored with my mustang pretty easily... just looking for y'alls thoughts on the situation.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:32 PM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Sponsorship

Getting sponsored isnt so easy, Im currently sponsored because im taking the vehicle to SEMA in Las Vegas this year and as well as alot of other shows next year. Also you have to run alot of company logos on the car, alot of people dont like doing that so it depends how you feel.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:38 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ANBAUTO

Getting sponsored isnt so easy, Im currently sponsored because im taking the vehicle to SEMA in Las Vegas this year and as well as alot of other shows next year. Also you have to run alot of company logos on the car, alot of people dont like doing that so it depends how you feel.
Exactly it takes a great commitment on your part and most sponsorships nowadays do not simply give stuff away but usually sell you the parts and 10% above cost.

Richard
Old 07-24-2006, 01:11 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

First try around your local area for sponserships.

I have a couple of sponsers.

But, you have to invest in your car FIRST to show them you are willing to invest yourself into your car, and that you have a winning combination.

After I won a couple of trophy's I hit a few places to see if I could work a deal.

I have Dent Devil.... in return for putting a little box with 20% coupons by or on my car at shows, he fixes all my dents for free. Recently, because he has gotten a good return on the cars that were picked up - he has his paint guy repaint my chin spoiler because he thought it was getting too nicked up. Nice surprise!

I'm now working on a couple of other places for s simular deal.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:25 AM
blowngt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

First try around your local area for sponserships.

I have a couple of sponsers.

But, you have to invest in your car FIRST to show them you are willing to invest yourself into your car, and that you have a winning combination.

After I won a couple of trophy's I hit a few places to see if I could work a deal.

I have Dent Devil.... in return for putting a little box with 20% coupons by or on my car at shows, he fixes all my dents for free. Recently, because he has gotten a good return on the cars that were picked up - he has his paint guy repaint my chin spoiler because he thought it was getting too nicked up. Nice surprise!

I'm now working on a couple of other places for s simular deal.
+1 - roush offerred my a sponsorship only after they saw my car and saw it run at the track. They required me to drop all of my aftermarket parts and replace with roush only parts simply for car shows so it wasn't for me. I'm in the process of negotiating a sponsorship with vortech right now and they want to see the car make a low 10 sec pass on my own before they will talk further. There are lot's of small sponsorship opportunites that can be obtained through your own hard work at shows as professor pointed out but if you are looking for some major sponsorship, you're going to first have to get their attention to your car on your own. If you are looking for sponsorhips that are speed/race related, you're going to have to make appearences at several FFW events at the very least. And trust me when I say it takes more than merely 'showing up'. You better be turning heads as well.

Old 07-24-2006, 05:41 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

try some local shops for sponsorships. i was very close to doing one with an import tuner shop because they were offering a lot of nice stuff for extremely cheap, purely because they wanted some type of american car that they could show off. my only big issue that i had with them was the fact that i would have to drive around with massive decals that really gave my car a stupid look (it was a big K with two smaller japanese characters beside it). also, we have a crapload of shows in seattle and going to every one of them would just be insane.

too bad...i dont dwell on it too much though
Old 07-24-2006, 06:35 AM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

Personally I don't like sponserships, when I first got into building race cars that were still streetable it was fun and rewarding since I paid and did all the work myself (ok I had one close friend who also raced help). It was a real satisfaction to see my hard work payoff and I respected my car for it even more. I did take a sponsership once and even though it was a local sponsership ( mainly raced in a try state area ) I was alot harder on my car and treated it poorly because if it broke I didnt have to fix it, I really didnt do any better after being sponsered and the personal satisfaction wasnt as good.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:00 AM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

Yah you have to have something already rolling to be sponsored. It isnt easy. Also you need a good show schedule of events you are going to be at...and they need to be big shows. Im currently sponsored by Valvoline, Falken Wheel, and a local shop. I got thos eby just being seen at shows.