Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SHOCKS AND SPRINGS

Old 07-24-2006, 02:13 AM
GT JIM
1st Gear Member

Default SHOCKS AND SPRINGS

Need some help guys,

I am looking to put new shocks, struts and springs in. How hard is the install? What kind should I use? What about the panhard, I am not sure if I should also replace this?

Any help ????

Thanks,
Jim
Old 07-24-2006, 10:01 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SHOCKS AND SPRINGS

All the spring brands perform about the same. I would choose the one you like based on how much drop it has. Also, stick with a well known brand like Steeda, Eibach, Roush, etc. Off-brand springs have been known to sag over the years, and you don't want that.]

As for the shocks, there's basically two choices in my mind. You can get the Ford Racing shocks which are pretty nice, and they're specifically tuned for our cars.

On the other hand, you can go with the Toikco D-spec shocks, which at the moment are the best around. They are fully adjustable for both rebound and compression damping, so you can set them however you like. An added bonus is that if you like to race (Drag or road) then you can always tweak them to "race setting" before you run, and then go back to a more conservative setting for the street.

The rear spring/shock install is very easy. Expect it to take an hour or less with hand tools, jack, and stands. The panhard bar is simple as well. You could probably do the rear shocks, springs, and panhard in 1 hr 30 min.

The front takes a bit longer and you'll need a spring compressor. If you don't have one, you can probably borrow (or rent) one from a local auto parts shop.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:48 AM
GT JIM
1st Gear Member

Default RE: SHOCKS AND SPRINGS

CrazyAl-

Thanks a lot brother! I think the Toikco D-spec shocks sound great! I'm going to shop around an hopefully I have them installed this weekend!

Thanks again!
Jim