Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now or never, DCF hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 10:31 PM
My05GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Now or never, DCF hood

^ Nope, not for me. I like the Shelby-style one from Mr. Bodykit (Nice pic since my car is the Sonic Blue). Wonder how the quality is?
Old 08-03-2006, 10:46 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Well good luck on deciding TB, after seeing those pics and with the new price I have definately decided on the Cali Dream one. Just something bugs me about how the front of the DCF hood has that tiny bar in the middle of the slots.. makes it look like a pig.. Also I had never seen hood level shots of it before and I thought it was lower into the hood not raised up in a cowl type thing. If this is what youre lookin for, the time is now! [8D] If not, there will be others, dont fret
Old 08-03-2006, 10:51 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Well good luck on deciding TB, after seeing those pics and with the new price I have definately decided on the Cali Dream one. Just something bugs me about how the front of the DCF hood has that tiny bar in the middle of the slots.. makes it look like a pig.. Also I had never seen hood level shots of it before and I thought it was lower into the hood not raised up in a cowl type thing. If this is what youre lookin for, the time is now! [8D] If not, there will be others, dont fret
Yea, I'm just making sure before the price goes up. I still have the Cervini M1 hood and the Saleen s/c hood beckoning to me.......alas neither of them are cheap either. Then there's the new Foose style aluminum hood being offered by CDC. Again......not cheap. [sigh] One G-note on a new hood......but will it be the DCF? Bottom line.........if I decide i still want to do my white stripes, yes. If I'm staying away from the stripes, no.

Well hey, glad I posted the new pics. At least you can put your mind at ease about not wanting this one.....its better than being on the fence like me[:@] lol
Old 08-03-2006, 10:53 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

Well hey, glad I posted the new pics. At least you can put your mind at ease about not wanting this one.....its better than being on the fence like me[:@] lol
Definately +1 lol. And Id say dont do stripes.. JMO though, Im seeing that EVERYONE and their brother are doing stripes.. its going to be like the 94 's and 95's... cant find one thats not striped soon
Old 08-03-2006, 10:57 PM
jerseyblood
2nd Gear Member

I called them about a week ago when I was thinking of getting the hood. First off, their rep didnt sound like he knew anything about the hood when I asked about water issues. Second, their shipping alone is like $350 to AZ!! Thats funny because everyone else is like $100-#150. At this point I decided just to go with the saleen hood. Who wants to pay $1299+$350=$1649 for a hood........not me!!!! and this is before the inflation price.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:59 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Definately +1 lol. And Id say dont do stripes.. JMO though, Im seeing that EVERYONE and their brother are doing stripes.. its going to be like the 94 's and 95's... cant find one thats not striped soon
Yea, those stripes were all i wanted in the beginning. I wanted the classic Shelby look, and the DCF hood really played into that. But now I'm starting to lean more towards a Mach1/Boss look. So stripes have been falling further out of favor for me in recent months. There still aren't any striped GT's in my area......so I could still be the first, and hopefully only. But I just don't see myself spending the $$$ that it will take to do this hood and the stripes. And if I don't do one......I'm not doing the other. It's a package deal for me.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:11 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I like the Boss look with the flat black hood section.. but considering the rest of your car is black.. idk lol... maybe a flat white?
Old 08-03-2006, 11:24 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I like the Boss look with the flat black hood section.. but considering the rest of your car is black.. idk lol... maybe a flat white?
lol Nah, if I go Mach1/Boss.......I'm stayin all shiny black. If I could do it all over again I might have gone with another color for my GT and did the satin black Mach 1/Boss accents. But I'm not gonna worry about it now. I think I like the idea of building a sinister looking GT....and that's why stripes just don't look as good for me anymore. Plus, the '69 Boss 429 (in black) was always my favorite looking mustang. Would be interesting to go for that look.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/C91578ED784C4FF6B35281477E051648.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-03-2006, 11:39 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

UGH! <3 Be still my heart!

And if only we had that engine... o dear.. Im getting more ideas >.<
Old 08-03-2006, 11:49 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

UGH! <3 Be still my heart!

And if only we had that engine... o dear.. Im getting more ideas >.<
Hehe, aren't these cars just potential moneypits?............but for all the right reasons.

Quick Reply: Now or never, DCF hood