Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outside Air Temp Gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 04:13 AM
bushtree

Default Outside Air Temp Gauge?

Hey guys,

I just picked up an 07 Mustang GT and i cant figure out how to get it to display the outside air temp for the live of me.... PLEASE OH PLEASE tell me ford didnt make a booboo and not include that in this car. How is that possible? Its so basic..

Sorry if im being stupid but any ideas?

thanks,
Nick
Old 07-26-2006, 04:41 AM
darkfact
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Outside Air Temp Gauge?

it doesn't exist sorry man. if you got the rear view mirror upgrade it'll be a gentax with compass and auto-dim only, either way you could upgrade pretty easily to a similar mirror from gentax with a temp for around $180-190. check ebay or this link:

http://www.autodimmingmirrors.com/ne...enk31/p_9.html
Old 07-26-2006, 04:43 AM
bushtree

Yea i got the upgraded mirror..

How could ford not put a temp gauge in the cars? damn...
Old 07-26-2006, 05:18 AM
darkfact
2nd Gear Member

lol i hear ya man. i traded in a '05 grand cherokee for my stang and the top 3 things i miss: temp/compass readout, memory seat positions, and steering wheel stereo controls.

...but hey, this isn't a luxory vehicle so i'm ok with it, and i can 100% assure you if i traded my stang back for the SUV there'd be a hell of alot more i'd miss!
Old 07-26-2006, 05:47 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

easy fix, just tape a thermometer onto the side of your driver's side mirror

yeah...i was actually pretty upset when i found out that ford missed some basic things like this [>:]
Old 07-26-2006, 06:14 AM
olym4gery
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

yeah...i was actually pretty upset when i found out that ford missed some basic things like this [>:]
Yeah, because you can't properly operate a motor vehicle w/o knowing the exact exterior temp..........................[:@]

Luckily there are electric windows. Roll one of them down, stick hand SLIGHTLY out window. You'll get a good idea of the temp.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:17 AM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: olym4gery
Yeah, because you can't properly operate a motor vehicle w/o knowing the exact exterior temp..........................[:@]
Luckily there are electric windows. Roll one of them down, stick hand SLIGHTLY out window. You'll get a good idea of the temp.
+1

OR! you can just add another chrome covered 4" meter to the hood right next to the wheel speed, interior decibel level, UV light meter, sterring wheel angle and passenger count gauges...
Old 07-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: cekim

ORIGINAL: olym4gery
+1

OR! you can just add another chrome covered 4" meter to the hood right next to the wheel speed, interior decibel level, UV light meter, sterring wheel angle and passenger count gauges...
HA HA.. you guys are funny.

I relate to the guy - - I like knowing what the outside temp is. NO.. there is no Temp guage on the car from the factory. I had my dealership install a Homelink/Auto Dim mirror with Temp/Compass.

NOW I know what the temp is out side!
Old 07-26-2006, 12:52 PM
bushtree

Ok thanks guys... Yea i know it isnt necessary but its a nice thing to have i think. And it just shocked me that ford wouldnt put that on a car since it has everything else.. (The whole message center, compus, autodim mirror, ect.)
Old 07-26-2006, 09:08 PM
darkfact
2nd Gear Member

i'm still going to get a comp/temp homelink mirror as well, just have some under the hood stuff to do first and then probably an gps unit.

Quick Reply: Outside Air Temp Gauge?