Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Pioneer DEH-P980BT install

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 02:35 PM
Treatz
2nd Gear Member

Default My Pioneer DEH-P980BT install

When I was shopping around for car audio I looked at everyone else's posts and pics for fit and finish of their decks and installs. having seen and learned a lot I want to post my install here so others can see it and hopefully it'll help them in their decisions as well>

sorry guys, the images are a bigger then the 400k limit so I can't load em up here. I tried a few differnt hosting options but nothing took:

Here's my sub box.. I pushed it back over that hump and it currently has a chair under it to which I'll be making a carpeted wedge to support the box. This way I still have a decent Trunk

Here's a few shots of the Deck and the Bracket i used. Nice tight fit and looks good

Hers' my iPOD install. I ran the cable through that hole there for the Pbrake adjustment

OK, finally got around to taking some shots of the SUB box and how i put it in the trunk:

Here's a shot of the simple carpeted wedges I used to simply life the bottom of the box up. The box I have was a perfect fit inbetween the rear hump and the corssmember up top where the rear speakers are

I hope these pics will help others who want to go the single DIN deck route
Old 07-29-2006, 06:19 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My Pioneer DEH-P980BT install

Looks great, I just installed my Alpine CDA-9856 HU and it is a perfect fit. I wouldn't have tried it if it weren't for other people posting how easy it was and boy was it fun! I just don't like how you can't re-use the stock subs in the doors... Doesn't really matter though since I have two 12" MTX Subs coming along with an MTX Amp on Monday, which I can't wait to install. I like the pictures and still haven't decided how i'm going to mount my AMP, I don't want to put holes in my car!!!

-Jeff
Old 07-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Treatz
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

Looks great, I just installed my Alpine CDA-9856 HU and it is a perfect fit. I wouldn't have tried it if it weren't for other people posting how easy it was and boy was it fun! I just don't like how you can't re-use the stock subs in the doors... Doesn't really matter though since I have two 12" MTX Subs coming along with an MTX Amp on Monday, which I can't wait to install. I like the pictures and still haven't decided how i'm going to mount my AMP, I don't want to put holes in my car!!!

-Jeff
i was able to use the stock subs, but they didn't sound all that great with the rest of the system>
Old 09-26-2006, 01:01 PM
Treatz
2nd Gear Member

i added in pics of the subwoofer box finally
Old 09-27-2006, 01:14 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

very nice
Old 09-27-2006, 01:29 PM
hottymustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

-Jeff
When you get that done throw some pics up. I would like to see that. I am a die hard Alpine gal, so I would be getting that one or another model.