Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone who did the Saleen s/c group buy

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 08:44 PM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

Default anyone who did the Saleen s/c group buy

A couple of weeks ago there were some posts about a group buy directly from Saleen. I know there was a few of us who did it but I can't remember the others. I ordered it on the 30th of June. As of yet I haven't gotten my credit card charged (which isn't a bad thing) but I haven't heard back from Saleen about when it is going to ship. I was wondering if anybody else did this group buy and if they have heard anything. I am having no luck getting a s/c. I ordered a Whipple back in March and of course I never got that one. What do I need to do to get a s/c in my hands so I can put in my baby?
Old 07-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Default RE: anyone who did the Saleen s/c group buy

thats why people shouldnt be so quick to buy from unauthorized vendors...

https://mustangforums.com/fb.asp?m=1697736
Old 07-31-2006, 12:34 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: matto1975
A couple of weeks ago there were some posts about a group buy directly from Saleen. I know there was a few of us who did it but I can't remember the others. I ordered it on the 30th of June. As of yet I haven't gotten my credit card charged (which isn't a bad thing) but I haven't heard back from Saleen about when it is going to ship. I was wondering if anybody else did this group buy and if they have heard anything. I am having no luck getting a s/c. I ordered a Whipple back in March and of course I never got that one. What do I need to do to get a s/c in my hands so I can put in my baby?
I gather from one of the later posts that you are not talking about the Haney buy?

I got mine from them without issue... dealing with musical cars while getting the wife's car repaired and burning through 2 tanks of 93 waiting for mine to go in, but it is making my garage look really good
Old 07-31-2006, 01:06 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

I assume that was the group buy that a bunch of people got upset because we pulled it, and tried to explain that when you get involved with unknown members and unauthorized vendors that you could possibly get screwed?
Old 07-31-2006, 01:16 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

I think someone is getting the run around.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:06 PM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

What are you guys talking about "unauthorized vendor"? I ordered directly from Saleen....I spoke directly to a sales manager at Saleen. I even verified he was who he said he was before I spoke to him by calling the number on the Saleen website and asking if this particular individual worked there.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:35 PM
HRnB
Administrator

What are you guys talking about "unauthorized vendor"? I ordered directly from Saleen....I spoke directly to a sales manager at Saleen. I even verified he was who he said he was before I spoke to him by calling the number on the Saleen website and asking if this particular individual worked there.
And yet you still don't have an S/C for your Stang. The funny thing about someone off the street becoming a member of a reputable site and setting up a group buy from a reputable company, is that they are using the big company names to pull their own little scam. It happens more than you might think. The problem is, if the group buy dollar amounts aren't hit, the group buy isn't going to happen.

We happen to have an S/C group buy happening as we speak from one of our vendors, Texas Hotrods.com
Here >> https://mustangforums.com/m_1672560/...tm.htm#1672560

edit:
Sorry guys, it was just brought to my attention that the THR S/C group buy is for the 99-04 GT.
But anyone here can talk to Lizzy at Texas Hotrods.com, or any of our vendors that sell the S/C's for the new Stangs, and ask them to put an 05/06 S/C group buy together. Here's their contact email >> sales@texashotrods.com

Old 07-31-2006, 03:56 PM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

Thats the thing, I spoke with

Travis L. McBay
SALEEN EASTERN REGIONAL
SALES MANAGER
AFTERMARKET
tmcbay@saleen.com
Mobile: 949-689-5513

there wasn't anyone else involved after I got notification from the group buy post here.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:16 PM
JOHNNY
2nd Gear Member

I ORDERED FROM HANLEY ON THE 14TH WAS DELIVERED ON THE 23RD INSTALL AND ON THE 27TH INCLUDE THE TIME FOR REPROGRAM. RUNS GREAT VERY FAST SERVICE.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:35 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

we we referring to "authorized mustangforums vendors", not Saleen vendors....in other words, we did not authorize the group buy.

The other guys were just pointing out a few of the reasons we do not authorize group buys with companies who do not have a working relationship with mustangforums.

I sincerely hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction.

Quick Reply: anyone who did the Saleen s/c group buy