Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnacharger Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 11:43 AM
emBOSSed

Default Magnacharger Anyone?

I am really interested in getting the MagnaCharger for the 4.6 3v Mustgang but there is not a lot of information about it posted on the web. In fact I have only found two dealers taking pre-orders and they have conflicting information. Superchargersonline.com shows them for about 5k in paint and 5.7K for polished. Steeda is offering the kit for somewhere inbetween but they claim it comes unpainted unpolished. Both have two week forcasts for when they get the kits but Steeda had a real date. Does anyone have experience with superchargersonline? Are they pulling our legs with their price? Heck, $500.00 is a good amount of change. But I would gladly pay the extra to Steeda if it meant a trouble free kit and admittedly Steeda seems to know more. I presume the did help to develop it with their Q525.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Magnacharger Anyone?

I haven't heard much on the boards reguarding the magnacharger but it looks like a decent pkg. It doesn't give outstanding gains on its own but steeda showed the potential of the kit with a built motor. Eaton-roots style blowers are less popular and traditionally less thermally effecient than twin-screw type S/Cs but magnacharger claims that parasitic loss is negligable with its internal bypass valve. I look forward to hearing more on this S/C in the future.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:05 PM
emBOSSed

If you notice my hood you will see that this will be an interesting install. The dealer installed the CDC shaker to promote the car. I want to put a s/c under the shaker. I have looked at all the picks from all the variations (not interested in a cenrifugal s/c). Two seem low enough to work with (modications to shaker are certain). The two runners up are Rouch and Magnacharger. I think the Magnacharger might work better since it doesn't have that long intake pipe and doesn't place the alternator on top of the engine. If you decide to compair pics like I did look at the space between the top of the charger and the hood at the back firewall. Notice the Saleen for example has almost nothing left. The only pics of the Magnacharger installed are on the Steeda. But I don't know how representative that really is since I think the Q525 is running a 5.0 not a 4.6. Any thoughts?

[IMG]local://upfiles/44587/6EEF520F07A84618B708D056FAFBA518.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-02-2006, 01:14 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I REALLY encorage you to check the Kenne Bell before doing anything. IMO their design, ease of install, and power have it all over the other two you're considering.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Nice Ride!....I am also waiting for the Magnacharger but wont be putting one in until probably first of the year.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Remrats1234
3rd Gear Member

magnacharger is what im gonna go with eventually ive read a lot of good things about them
Old 08-03-2006, 01:21 PM
emBOSSed

I heard back from Steeda today. Their version of the kit runs 8PSI & has their own proprietary tuning turning out something like 400RWHP. A bit more expensive than at lease one competitor but they do have experience with this kit on the Q525. The stock kit from Magnacharger will run 6PSI and have less HP. Should I drop the extra $500.00 to get the HP and tech if needed or save the money at the cost of HP and no help? I am leaning towards Steeda. They have been very on the ball with the email and really seem to be knowledgable about this.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:38 PM
VistablueDrew
1st Gear Member

I got the magnacharger installed in my 07Gt.. Made 4 lbs of boost and hit 414 hp. With a few more add ons, I will be able to make easily 450 hp.

So far I love it. Too damn cold out there for my tires to get any traction though.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Some1 post a pic of it i wanna see what it looks like.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:15 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Magnacharger = Roots-style blower = FAIL.

If you're that worried about your Shaker, then wait until April when Saleen releases their shaker intake twin screw.. There are pictures floating around from SEMA.. I spoke to Saleen about it the other day, they said April sometime, and somewhere around the $6500 mark. But, you'd get a twin screw (better already) that would actually pull air through the shaker.. In my book, that !=fail...

Do what you want, but I wouldn't take a roots blower if it was given to me for free (unless I was allowed to put it on ebay)..

Quick Reply: Magnacharger Anyone?