Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GRANATELLI COLD AIR KIT

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 08:21 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: GRANATELLI COLD AIR KIT

Obvious you didnt read about it. It comes with its own sensor to adjust for the air difference so you dont run lean.

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Sure... if you want to run lean and burn your engine up. Just get a tune, its well worth it and any intake that increases hp enough is going to need a tune to change the A/F ratio back to normal.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:37 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

No I didnt read about it but IMO adding anything that messes with the computer is much more unsafe than simply reflashing the computer. If you ever plan on adding any mods besides a CAI youll need a tuner anyways why not buy one now and have better gains and more peace of mind knowing that something isnt messing with your A/F ratio. JMO though, chill a little.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:42 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

Yeah i am not going that route just yet, maybe after the warrenty ends, but right now this is my Daily driver so i will not mess with it to much yet.

No I didnt read about it but IMO adding anything that messes with the computer is much more unsafe than simply reflashing the computer. If you ever plan on adding any mods besides a CAI youll need a tuner anyways why not buy one now and have better gains and more peace of mind knowing that something isnt messing with your A/F ratio. JMO though, chill a little.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:45 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Sounds like a plan! I have the extended 7 year warranty because my dad figured "I dont want to deal with oil changes" when actually I would rather change the oil and that stuff myself but alas, its too late. So I figured what the hell, 7 years is WAY too long to wait so I may as well start voiding part warranties now and get it over with. I need more power, plain and simple.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

If it could really produce 40HP I would order one instantly. However I have some doubts. SOmone need to do some testing for us =)
Old 08-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

Just ordered the Granatelli CAI, it should be here some time this week. The reason I went with there CAI, because I didn't want to spend the money on a tuner just yet, not sure what diection mod wise, & how far I'm going to go with it yet other then the fact of getting a CAI. Oh and yes to get the complete 40 HP and 37.5lbs of torqure to the wheel you also need Granatelli 62mm TB as well. My father-in-Law has been using Graratelli for years as well as a few other people I know as well, it is a trusted name not a fly by night company. I don't feel they would put out a product to possibly damage engines. Another comforting fact is I have a friend who is a mechanic for a ford dealership, he tells me that even with just a CAI kit on and No tune will make the car run a bit lean, but not lean enough to cause damage, but hinder the performance of the car inwhich defeats the purpose of getting a CAI [:'(]. I'll post Picks of the Install when I get it and let you you guys know how it works [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 08-06-2006, 11:30 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

How much was that? and who did you order from? I wonder if one of the board sponsers sells them.
ORIGINAL: Quick S

Just ordered the Granatelli CAI, it should be here some time this week. The reason I went with there CAI, because I didn't want to spend the money on a tuner just yet, not sure what diection mod wise, & how far I'm going to go with it yet other then the fact of getting a CAI. Oh and yes to get the complete 40 HP and 37.5lbs of torqure to the wheel you also need Granatelli 62mm TB as well. My father-in-Law has been using Graratelli for years as well as a few other people I know as well, it is a trusted name not a fly by night company. I don't feel they would put out a product to possibly damage engines. Another comforting fact is I have a friend who is a mechanic for a ford dealership, he tells me that even with just a CAI kit on and No tune will make the car run a bit lean, but not lean enough to cause damage, but hinder the performance of the car inwhich defeats the purpose of getting a CAI [:'(]. I'll post Picks of the Install when I get it and let you you guys know how it works [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 08-07-2006, 01:51 AM
Remrats1234
3rd Gear Member

granatelli makes some nice parts, but they r pricey
Old 08-07-2006, 05:56 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

K&N Aircharger is a Good one, also look at the New Air Raid.. it has a removable MAF Restrictor to when you like to tune, just remove the insert.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:01 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Sounds like a plan! I have the extended 7 year warranty because my dad figured "I dont want to deal with oil changes" when actually I would rather change the oil and that stuff myself but alas, its too late. So I figured what the hell, 7 years is WAY too long to wait so I may as well start voiding part warranties now and get it over with. I need more power, plain and simple.
if you want power and still need the warranty, get a tuner and a K&N Air Charger, The K&N does not require a tune and will not throw codes, second the tuner will give you more horsepower, and if you need to go in for service, just flash the PCM back to stock, they can't tell if you had a tune.

Quick Reply: GRANATELLI COLD AIR KIT