Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st trip to the track

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 07:35 PM
darkfact
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 1st trip to the track

hmm, well i had no idea they were that much slower. lol what questions did the news crew ask you?
Old 08-06-2006, 07:36 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTlust

Don't they let you heat up your tires first? The burnout pit is my favorite part. I'm going to Gainesville after I get my CAI and tune, hopefully it starts to cool off soon.
Yes, they do, but since these are my street tires I tried to just dust em off not really burn them to the ground ya know.. the guy in the formula took seriously like.. 30 seconds just burning his tires.. me and my friend were just sitting there watching him in the mirror because mine only took like.. 10 seconds lol.

Ive never been to the track at Gainesville, heard it was nice though, I was at Bithlo last night.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:37 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: darkfact

hmm, well i had no idea they were that much slower. lol what questions did the news crew ask you?
Started off by asking what I had done to the car and what my best runs were so far that night then they asked what the best thing about coming out to the races was and what future mods I was going to do.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:40 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

me and my friend were just sitting there watching him in the mirror because mine only took like.. 10 seconds lol.
So those times were with two people in the car? How heavy is your friend?

Old 08-06-2006, 07:42 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

The 1st pass is me alone, the 2nd and 3rd pass are with me and my friend.. he weighs like.. 175-180, Im about.. 145-150
Old 08-06-2006, 07:42 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Good runs.. it'll give ya a nice baseline.

Looks like your first run was the best... were you getting enough cool down time between runs?

Edit: nevermind... just read you had a passenger on those runs!
Old 08-06-2006, 07:43 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Ive never been to the track at Gainesville, heard it was nice though, I was at Bithlo last night.
They also have a road course at the Gainesville dragstrip. I think it cost $30 on test and tune days to do the road course, plus I think you need a helmet which sucks. I'd love to do that as well, but don't want to look stupid when i spin out trying to corner to fast.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:51 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL:hamidlmt
Good runs.. it'll give ya a nice baseline.

Looks like your first run was the best... were you getting enough cool down time between runs?

Edit: nevermind... just read you had a passenger on those runs!
Thanks alot, yeah I forgot to include that when I first wrote the post [8D]

ORIGINAL: GTlust

They also have a road course at the Gainesville dragstrip. I think it cost $30 on test and tune days to do the road course, plus I think you need a helmet which sucks. I'd love to do that as well, but don't want to look stupid when i spin out trying to corner to fast.
Exactly lol... we dont have many curvy roads around here so I dont get to practice my cornering very much so I would probably slide all over the place. They have one at Bithlo too, we heard some cars on it last night, no idea what kind they were but they were loud as hell (you could hear them over the pro-stock drag cars and the road course is down towards end of the 1/4 mile) and I dunno how much it costs either.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:12 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Just wondering what you guys think my time would be if I added longtubes, UDP's and EWP and an O/R X?

Think I could beat that Firebird Formula? He has kinda become a track acquaintance from the times Ive gone but not raced.. I knew what he ran when I lined up against him last night but wanted to give him a run for his money. He obviously had alot better reaction time than I did so he got me off the line but I caught up to him and passed him slightly and he took me in the top end.. Im guessing those Formulas have more high end power??
Old 08-06-2006, 09:49 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

You had the Firebird at the 60 ft mark. He got away at 330 and was gone at 1/8. A little practice and you'd be wearing his scalp on your belt today! Great job!
BTW 13.6 are what the stocvk GT vert runs.

Quick Reply: 1st trip to the track