Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New hood scoop

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 11:51 PM
IA_Chiefs_fan
2nd Gear Member

Default New hood scoop

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new Roush hood scoop in the morning. I found it on ebay for $128.90 shipped. I'd buy it from one of the site sponsors if anyone knows of one that can match that price. I really liked the looks of the Xenon better but it doesn't bolt on. I can't see trusting tape alone.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:59 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New hood scoop

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [sm=noooo.gif] [sm=nothatway.gif]

[sm=badidea.gif] ... have you been [sm=alcoholic.gif] ?? or do we just need to [sm=chairshot.gif] some sense into you?! Dont go aftermarket on the hood without being functional! Heh sorry... had to save you...
Old 08-09-2006, 12:02 AM
Remrats1234
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [sm=noooo.gif] [sm=nothatway.gif]

[sm=badidea.gif] ... have you been [sm=alcoholic.gif] ?? or do we just need to [sm=chairshot.gif] some sense into you?! Dont go aftermarket on the hood without being functional! Heh sorry... had to save you...
i totally agree, they dont look that great u can tell that they r not attached to the hood, and most of the hood scoops u find will be ones that u tape on...dont do it u will regret it
Old 08-09-2006, 12:08 AM
IA_Chiefs_fan
2nd Gear Member

Sorry guys, but I'm doing it! I'm getting two 8 inch stripes down the car with a 4 inch gap in between. Should I paint the stripes over the Roush scoop?
Old 08-09-2006, 01:08 AM
underbird10
3rd Gear Member

Go with your gut. I have the roush scoop and I like it just fine. All the afternarket scoops I've seen sit on top of the hood, unless you get the shaker system or a hood that has scoops molded into it. I don't believe any of the so called "functional scoops" are really all that functional anyway. Because your car is air and fuel metered, you have to get any additional air provided by a scoop to the MAF sensor to have it provide any benefit. Then, you'll also need a tune that can handle the additional O2 to improve HP, and that's getting into a much more serious set of mods.

If you like the look, then go for it. You can always change it later if you decide to go the forced air route.

The stripes look good going over the scoop. There's a post on here somewhere (I believe it's in regards to Roush Mustangs) that shows a PWhite Roush with the stripes over the scoop and it looked pretty slick. Mine are under, but I'm considering having the scoop painted to match the stripes.

UB10

[IMG]local://upfiles/35177/13D66263D4464A0B8F886B2DB17650B8.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-09-2006, 01:12 AM
rfelger
2nd Gear Member

Hey here is mine, i thought it came out good dude!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/14607/485A27DEBD0E4CD5A1AC1F8C1D9E026E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-09-2006, 01:22 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new Roush hood scoop in the morning. I found it on ebay for $128.90 shipped
Any idea on the cost of painting? Just curious.....

Mike

Old 08-09-2006, 01:24 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

I was at my dealership the other day and they had a brand new Yellow GT, with a Xenon hood scoop. The car was sitting in the showroom and I notice a gap between the hood and the scoop I ask the salesman WTF is with that. He said, "hmm I duno but it looks bada$$ right." Yea too bad the fricken thing was warped or something and coming un-glued right there in the showroom, I wana smack the idiot who buys that car and pays for that $450 option...[sm=chairshot.gif]][sm=headbang.gif] stupid azz dealers get away with murder selling to imcompitant (sp?) buyers.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:28 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

You get em BIB! [8D]
Old 08-09-2006, 01:28 AM
rfelger
2nd Gear Member

WOW..no kiddin. Mne fits perfectly but i had to use some aircraft epoxy along with the tape to ensure it wont loosen up. The epoxy works great. It comes off with alcohol if i need to remove it and is good at speeds around 400-500knots!!

Quick Reply: New hood scoop