Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 hood scoops?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 03:42 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Default 2007 hood scoops?

okay so i was driving past the ford dealership and i noticed that a lot of the new stangs had the 99-04 hood scoop on them. i hope they dont come stock now because they just dont look right on the new cars, they kinda....make the GTs look even worse than better. are they now being sold stock like this? or maybe i saw an aftermarket product?
Old 08-09-2006, 03:45 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 hood scoops?

Yeap, they are a new option for '07...There's been much debate on whether they look good or not. I personally don't like them on our body style car. It looks fine on yours but they should have done a little more than pull somehting outa the parts bin and slap it on our cars. I mean if your going to completely redesign the whole car like they did, don't just slap an old scoop on and be like "voila"
Old 08-09-2006, 04:33 AM
Trapeze
1st Gear Member

Yeap, they are a new option for '07...There's been much debate on whether they look good or not. I personally don't like them on our body style car. It looks fine on yours but they should have done a little more than pull somehting outa the parts bin and slap it on our cars. I mean if your going to completely redesign the whole car like they did, don't just slap an old scoop on and be like "voila"
There is a debate on this? I think of it more as a very small group of people that think anything bolted on, taped on, glued on, stapled on, makes a car look 100 times better, and the rest of us in the REAL WORLD who just point and laugh at their own oblivious mindset to anything with class.

Let me tell you about the 2006 V6 stang I saw today with one of those metal ricer wings. You know, the ones which look like an erector set. Holy crap, I can't believe with all the stuff people say online, all the ridicule you read about, people still actually do this to a car! And of all cars it was a mustang!! Give me a break. Ricers should stick with hondas, that way we know they aren't ruining a good car.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:30 AM
gregariousgreg
2nd Gear Member

Yup, it was an option when I ordered my 07. It was called the Exterior apperance package if I remember correctly. I said no thanks, I think it looks much better without the scoop and it isn't functional. It's all a matter of taste though I guess.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:30 AM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

Yes it is and Option and Mine has it. AND to be VERY honest I really wish it didnt.. BUT when I ordered the car back in May I guess I didnt realize it was in that perticular package.. SO now that it is here and Painted I am getting use to it

[IMG]local://upfiles/42849/8B5A9E11B9BF4B3181B389CAC074249F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

It's part of the GT Appearance Group and it is a completely new design, not something that was "pulled out of the parts bin".

I am continually mystified at all these people that think it's OK to put window scoops on their cars, or a front/ rear spoiler, or stripes, or aftermarket wheels (all of which do nothing for performance); but then turn around and bash others for having a "fake" hood scoop on their car. Grow up people.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:08 PM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

[sm=exactly.gif] Amen to that one Tres...
Let me clairfy something the only reason I really didnt want it is because I am Short 5'1 to be exact and its hard for me to see over the hood..And that makes it just a little harder.. But As I have said before it sets it apart from the rest and I like that . And yes it is a PERSONAL Preference. Just like everything else is that we do to our cars, somethings are not for everyone... And I do have to say that there are some VERY Brutal comments on this forum.. I think everyone has an opinion and can voice that, BUT I do think that you should have a little consideration for the person you are voicing your opinion to... [sm=sorry.gif] If I offended anyone that is not my intention..
Old 08-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Trapeze
1st Gear Member

I am continually mystified at all these people that think it's OK to put window scoops on their cars, or a front/ rear spoiler, or stripes, or aftermarket wheels (all of which do nothing for performance); but then turn around and bash others for having a "fake" hood scoop on their car. Grow up people.
Sorta agree here, except for the aftermarket wheels, that I think all depends on what wheel you get. If it's a 20" weighs a ton, then yes, they are useless. If it's 17/18" lighter than stock, with wider/better tires for tractions/grip, then I would think that has a little something to do with performance, agree?

And I do have to say that there are some VERY Brutal comments on this forum.. I think everyone has an opinion and can voice that, BUT I do think that you should have a little consideration for the person you are voicing your opinion to...
Kinda disagree here. It's funny how the only people who would say that in this particular case would be the ones who have the functionless hood scoop/bug catcher on their hood. However, I see what you are saying. Unfortunately when I observe questionable customization it makes me wonder at the sanity of the people. Alot of it has to do with me having both an import and a domestic vehicle. (IE Mazda and Ford) On the import side of the coin you get people hollering rice at everything and anything on the import vehicle, but when the same "modifications" are done to a domestic/american vehicle people call it "customizing." The excuse, which is always used, is "it's your car do what you want," and that is absolute truth. This country is free, and many people have died fighting for your right to put bookshelf wings on your ride, but don't think people won't call you out on it because while you may think it's customizing, most will just think it's domestic rice
Old 08-10-2006, 09:41 AM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07stangGrl

BUT I do think that you should have a little consideration for the person you are voicing your opinion to... [sm=sorry.gif] If I offended anyone that is not my intention..
And that is why I said what I said, NO matter how I felt about your "rice" car as you say I would never be so rude as to put you down as some of these people do for what you have or do to your car.. I would simply say, its just not for me.. Guess I just like making people feel like S***T for what they consider customizing or liking on there car...

my 2 Cents