Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front suspesnion/breaks pop?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 01:14 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Default Front suspesnion/breaks pop?

I just installed Eibach Sportline Springs on my stang and the it looks awesome and handles great. There were no problems the first couple of days till I got the alignment done and had camber bolts put on to adjust the camber. Now I get a pop when I’m breaking. At regular speeds you can sort of hear/feel it but it's when I’m in a parking lot or going slower that you really hear and feel a pop. It only happens once till I accelerate some again for a little bit, almost like something is popping in and out of place?

Any ideas?!?!

Kinda scared to take it in to the dealer just to have them rape me and void the warranty on whatever is messed up there. Even though I knew the risk of doing mods but once you start you cant stop.

I did search the forums and found info on a popping when turning not sure if this is the same thing or not.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:03 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Front suspesnion/breaks pop?

You should get under there and double check all the bolts. Sounds like something is loose. I swapped out my suspension and a week later got back under there to re-tighten everything. One of the bolts on a LCA was a bit loose.

Oh yeah, may want to check your springs too. Make sure they are seated properly. If not, they could also cause a popping sound.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:53 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Thanks, I guess ill have to check that out. Anyone else have any suggestions?
Old 08-10-2006, 12:10 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Definitly go over it again, retighten all the bolts. I use loctite on suspension stuff for that exact reason. I put LCA's on a talon a few years ago, about 5 days later the guy calls me up screaming and ****, and said that the bolts came loose, which was weird because they were the nylon locking type nuts.
Other than that it almsot sounds like struts arent tightened all the way and your spring is binding up and then releasing, which will make a loud noticable popping sound or even a clunk. Definitly take it back to the shop and have them fix it, if you did it,then reprimand yourself .
-P.