Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Products

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 08:36 PM
teamsns

Default Carbon Fiber Products

Hey guys...anyone know where I can purchase carbon fiber products for my stang? I am looking for a hood, trunk and spoiler.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:40 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Carbon Fiber Products

ORIGINAL: teamsns

Hey guys...anyone know where I can purchase carbon fiber products for my stang? I am looking for a hood, trunk and spoiler.
[sm=loser.gif]
Old 08-10-2006, 09:47 AM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

maybe hes goin to the race track? give the man a chance to explian first
Old 08-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member

NichePI had made the prototypes for all those parts but the world has been on such a Carbon fiber shortage, especially on 60"+ matte that nothing for the most part is available out on the market. Most hoods and component parts are limited to fiberglass.

bl1nkage, he could perhaps be looking for information pertaining to these parts. And second might even paint the parts to match. He could also perhaps understand that carbon fiber is a viable product in the automotive aftermarket and have an intelligent view of its strong benefits.
In that aspect I think you would be the
Old 08-10-2006, 03:07 PM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

SEIBON makes the Hood, Trunk & Doors for our cars. I will be sporting one thier hoods as well.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:34 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Honestly, if you knew anything about our cars you would know it is hard as hell to reduce weight. Basically everything is as light weight as possible. Hell our hood only weighs 15 lbs.. youre gonna go spend close to 2 grand on another hood thats 5 lbs lighter? Yeah thats smart. Go ahead, waste your money on aftermarket CF. And BTW, anyone looking for a carbon fing spoiler is a ricer. First off you dont need spoilers on our cars, secondly a spoiler weighs a max of what... 10 lbs.. youre going to do alot of good reducing that to 5 lbs. No doubt CF has its place in racing, but realize its place isnt on our cars. If you really want to reduce weight, take out the tire and jack, move the battery to the back of the car, take out the back and passenger seat, remove the auto drivers seat, all the carpeting and padding, door panels, roof liners, and if thats still not enough and youre that freakin stuck up about weight then scrape the freakin clearcoat and paint off.

Replacing the hood, trunk and spoiler which are ALREADY lightweight aluminum with almost as heavy carbon fiber isnt going to do diddly squat except reduce the quality and reliability of the parts along with a few pounds of weight. Not to mention make an AMERICAN muscle car look like a piece of riced out junk.

Sorry thats JMO, if you dont like it then dont read it and go gag yourself on your ricer parts, its not my car, I dont have to drive around in it all day long (thank God.)
Old 08-10-2006, 03:50 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Honestly, if you knew anything about our cars you would know it is hard as hell to reduce weight. Basically everything is as light weight as possible. Hell our hood only weighs 15 lbs.. youre gonna go spend close to 2 grand on another hood thats 5 lbs lighter? Yeah thats smart. Go ahead, waste your money on aftermarket CF. And BTW, anyone looking for a carbon fing spoiler is a ricer. First off you dont need spoilers on our cars, secondly a spoiler weighs a max of what... 10 lbs.. youre going to do alot of good reducing that to 5 lbs. No doubt CF has its place in racing, but realize its place isnt on our cars. If you really want to reduce weight, take out the tire and jack, move the battery to the back of the car, take out the back and passenger seat, remove the auto drivers seat, all the carpeting and padding, door panels, roof liners, and if thats still not enough and youre that freakin stuck up about weight then scrape the freakin clearcoat and paint off.

Replacing the hood, trunk and spoiler which are ALREADY lightweight aluminum with almost as heavy carbon fiber isnt going to do diddly squat except reduce the quality and reliability of the parts along with a few pounds of weight. Not to mention make an AMERICAN muscle car look like a piece of riced out junk.

Sorry thats JMO, if you dont like it then dont read it and go gag yourself on your ricer parts, its not my car, I dont have to drive around in it all day long (thank God.)
It's amazing you can have such a narrow minded opinion. If you knew anything then you would know that the '06+ S197s come with a steel hood due to the problems they had with '05s at speed. There is a good chance he is going to be painting the parts so no one will know they are CF. Did you ever think he might be looking for a spoiler for actually doing high speed runs? Actually a pin-on trunk would reduce weight a good bit. You mentioned he should move his battery, news flash that adds weight it doesn't remove weight! You don't know what the plans are for this car so before calling someone a loser open your eyes and ears.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:50 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

i agree with bl1nkage
Old 08-10-2006, 03:52 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1QuickShortBus

It's amazing you can have such a narrow minded opinion. If you knew anything then you would know that the '06+ S197s come with a steel hood due to the problems they had with '05s at speed. There is a good chance he is going to be painting the parts so no one will know they are CF. Did you ever think he might be looking for a spoiler for actually doing high speed runs? Actually a pin-on trunk would reduce weight a good bit. You mentioned he should move his battery, news flash that adds weight it doesn't remove weight! You don't know what the plans are for this car so before calling someone a loser open your eyes and ears.
i think a perosn who has as much racing experience as what you just described would know where to find his stuff
Old 08-10-2006, 08:19 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1QuickShortBus

Honestly, if you knew anything about our cars you would know it is hard as hell to reduce weight. Basically everything is as light weight as possible. Hell our hood only weighs 15 lbs.. youre gonna go spend close to 2 grand on another hood thats 5 lbs lighter? Yeah thats smart. Go ahead, waste your money on aftermarket CF. And BTW, anyone looking for a carbon fiber spoiler is a ricer. First off you dont need spoilers on our cars, secondly a spoiler weighs a max of what... 10 lbs.. youre going to do alot of good reducing that to 5 lbs. No doubt CF has its place in racing, but realize its place isnt on our cars. If you really want to reduce weight, take out the tire and jack, move the battery to the back of the car, take out the back and passenger seat, remove the auto drivers seat, all the carpeting and padding, door panels, roof liners, and if thats still not enough and youre that freakin stuck up about weight then scrape the freakin clearcoat and paint off.

It's amazing you can have such a narrow minded opinion. If you knew anything then you would know that the '06+ S197s come with a steel hood due to the problems they had with '05s at speed. You mentioned he should move his battery, news flash that adds weight it doesn't remove weight! You don't know what the plans are for this car so before calling someone a loser open your eyes and ears.
Again, like I said earlier, its JMO, which to some means nothing but to me it means EVERYTHING. Like I said before, I wouldnt be caught dead in a Mustang that looks like a Honda, but if you or anyone else want to then thats your business, I just dont understand why if youre going to make a Mustang look like a riced out 1500 lb car, why not just start with a riced out 1500 lb car instead of deforming something like a Mustang? And exactly how would moving a battery to the trunk ADD weight? And Im sorry to say but if people with built engines like Mark dont need high speed spoilers I highly doubt this guy will. And to reiterate this, a fixed spoiler isnt going to give you the performance you would want if you were doing high speed racing anyways, you would need an adjustable wing, of which there are currently none for our cars, so if you really want to do high speed rally or track racing with our cars youll have to get one made custom, and I GUARENTEE you it will not be made of carbon fiber.

Just for you, I walked outside with a magnet, didnt stick to my hood, Ill make a video if you want.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Products