Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

13 days 1,313 miles....

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 02:40 AM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

Default 13 days 1,313 miles....

Well I was polishing my gt 500 wheels for sale and got REAL bummed about trading my GT for a tc. So I start snooping around fords site and discover the $1500 rebate on stick shift GT's, and start dreaming.........and.......well now I have a new GT!! So it turns out that I kept the tc for 13 days and when i pulled into Landers ford, it had 1,313 miles on it. My new beauty is satin silver with fan blades, iup, active anti-theft, and side air bags. My wife was quite surprised......to say the least. I would like to apologise to everyone who tried to help with buying my spare parts, and wheels. I'll be needin those now!! Thanks for all the words of support and your thoughts and prayers.

I'M BACK!!

YEA!!
Old 08-10-2006, 04:51 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 13 days 1,313 miles....

sweet!!! [8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]
Old 08-10-2006, 04:55 AM
Trapeze
1st Gear Member

hogpowr
Well I was polishing my gt 500 wheels for sale and got REAL bummed about trading my GT for a tc. So I start snooping around fords site and discover the $1500 rebate on stick shift GT's, and start dreaming.........and.......well now I have a new GT!! So it turns out that I kept the tc for 13 days and when i pulled into Landers ford, it had 1,313 miles on it. My new beauty is satin silver with fan blades, iup, active anti-theft, and side air bags. My wife was quite surprised......to say the least. I would like to apologise to everyone who tried to help with buying my spare parts, and wheels. I'll be needin those now !! Thanks for all the words of support and your thoughts and prayers.

I'M BACK!!

YEA!!
I don't even want to know how upside down you are on your finances. Just Wow... I mean what makes the cost of this GT any different from the one you just traded in. Sure you saved 1500 bucks...that should cover the taxes on it etc. But that's chump change compared to the debt you've put yourself back into. Man, I just don't even know what to say, did you happen to win the lottery?
Old 08-10-2006, 06:07 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

+1 on Trapeze's comment.

You had problems driving it, got a TC, and now bought a GT again? I bet you are more in debt now than you where before. That or you indeed got a lucky financial break, which I hope applies to you.

Then again, I call each and every person buying a car on credit without being able to pay for it with his or her saved money pretty darn stupid… Can’t pay for it cash? Can’t afford the car. I wonder why financial problems are so big these days…
Old 08-10-2006, 06:13 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justice

Then again, I call each and every person buying a car on credit without being able to pay for it with his or her saved money pretty darn stupid… Can’t pay for it cash? Can’t afford the car. I wonder why financial problems are so big these days…
Unfortunately this applies to about 90% of the population to include the majority of the folks on these boards. Good on ya for being the minority. [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 08-10-2006, 04:01 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Satin Silver with the 18" fan blades? That is exactly what my 07 will look like...

Post some pice
Old 08-10-2006, 05:19 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Hahaha!

What's your secret? You figured out how to grow money on trees, huh?
Old 08-10-2006, 05:31 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justice

+1 on Trapeze's comment.

You had problems driving it, got a TC, and now bought a GT again? I bet you are more in debt now than you where before. That or you indeed got a lucky financial break, which I hope applies to you.

Not everyone has 30k sitting around to drop on a car and pay for it outright. Good for you though [:'(]
Old 08-11-2006, 04:55 AM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

In hindsight, it appears I must have left out the fact that my balance on my old GT was 10200, when I traded i got a check for 10800, and hammered the CC debt. Now instead of paying out 400 a month on cc debt minimums, it'll go to gt payments @ 8.5 percent. After both trades my balance is now 23000, it has been one incredible amount of good luck and timing......this paticular GT that i just got was built in oct 05.......They really WANTED it gone, and now it is, and I am really happy with everything.

Again thanks for all the support, and good wishes..Its good to be back!!
Old 08-11-2006, 06:28 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

I originate from the other side of the globe, from a little country called the Netherlands. In that country you are a considered to be a poser driving a car on credit. Guess I took this fact to heart... I understand that the USA is all about credit. But that doesn't mean I like it, and will participate in it either.

And we didn't drop 30k for the GT... We dropped just below 24k due to having a great connection with a dealership trough my in-laws.

Her father has a company, and that company uses Ford trucks. He got the dealership to cut us a deal. Everywhere the GT's where going for above sticker, and we got it well under...

And no, we didn’t get leather, but we did have the interior upgrade package with the nice steering wheel and the mycolor feature. Also just the standard cd/am-fm in dash, no shaker. We could have gotten it loaded, but that would be too expensive. You’ve got to make choices when you are spending a lot of your own hard earned cash.

@hogpowr: Cool you got a mustang back. Now no more complaining about paying insurance / gas and monthly payments. Enjoy your new stang, and I hope you can show us some pics of your new ride!

Quick Reply: 13 days 1,313 miles....