Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long does it take to get the PIN # after applying for it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 10:00 PM
gtmachine
1st Gear Member

Default How long does it take to get the PIN # after applying for it?

Just finished filing out the online form to get a PIN number for ford partners X-plan pricing, but as soon as I was finished with the form ot automaticlly returned to the page where you put your employer code? Did it take? Does the PIN get emailed in 24 hours? Whats up!?
Old 08-10-2006, 10:09 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: How long does it take to get the PIN # after applying for it?

Yes you will get an email with your pin. I got mine within a few minutes
Old 08-10-2006, 10:19 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

On second thought I can't find an email until atleast 2 days after I allready new my pin, so it must have given me the pin on the website then sent it to me again a few days later. Not sure if you want to apply again or not, try emailing them with your info, they were pretty quick to reply to my question.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:31 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

I got my pin instantly on the partner website ...
Old 08-12-2006, 05:13 PM
gtmachine
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the replies. I re-entered my info and got the pin instantly, I guess I didnt hit submit the first time. I like how it gives you the step by step instructions on how to use the pin when you get to the dealership LOL!!! The last step is"drive home in your new wheels"!! VERY tempting!
Old 08-12-2006, 07:47 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

If the the salesman tells you all you need is the pin, don't believe it. I was told that, but wasn't taking any chances and brought a recent paystub with me. Sure as **** the xplan guy at the dealer wanted to see verification of employment. Had I listened to my salesman i'd have drive 100 miles for nothing!

ORIGINAL: gtmachine

Thanks for the replies. I re-entered my info and got the pin instantly, I guess I didnt hit submit the first time. I like how it gives you the step by step instructions on how to use the pin when you get to the dealership LOL!!! The last step is"drive home in your new wheels"!! VERY tempting!
Old 08-12-2006, 10:07 PM
stangmann
2nd Gear Member

Hey man i'm from boston as well, where u going to buy ur stang...not many places honor x plan in mass
Old 08-12-2006, 10:50 PM
gtmachine
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTlust

If the the salesman tells you all you need is the pin, don't believe it. I was told that, but wasn't taking any chances and brought a recent paystub with me. Sure as **** the xplan guy at the dealer wanted to see verification of employment. Had I listened to my salesman i'd have drive 100 miles for nothing!

That's right you have to have an ID from the participating employer that you work for a W2 or a paystub to ID yourself as eligible, otherwise anybody could get a PIN number if they knew a participating co's plan number. I guess a particular saleman might tell you differently to get you in the door of the dealership but then you will get rejected if you dont actually work at a participating co.