Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance and drag racing

Old 08-13-2006, 08:10 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Insurance and drag racing

Thanks alot cekim, Ill look into the racing insurance deal and maybe make a call tot he insurance and health companies.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

Your dad is right, your standard auto insurance policies from State Farm, Farmers, Allstate etc. DO NOT cover your vehicle if it is damaged at a race track. Also, if you damage your car where it might need repairs like suspension, motor, transmission etc Ford will NOT cover it if they know you have been racing it in any manner.

You will have to find insurance specifically for racing. A good friend of mine a few years back took his brand new Vett to the track to race it and ended up smacking the wall real good which basically screwed the whole left side of his car up. The next morning he called his insurance which I believe was Allstate and told them he had hit a guard rail trying to miss a deer.

His agent asked ”So that damage didn’t happen when you smacked the wall at New England Dragway?”. Busted and also was immediately canceled from Allstate. Insurance companies and auto dealers are more and more sending representatives to local tracks taking plate numbers of those racing so when they do try to claim something happened they can deny them…

I say good for them as I don’t want my rates jacked up because people don’t take responsibility for their actions.

”You gotta pay to play…”
Old 08-13-2006, 08:32 PM
CrazyHorse0217
2nd Gear Member

Anyone thinking about covering up a wreck at the track by claiming they hit a tree, deer, etc. needs to know that the insurance companies have hundreds of ways you have never even heard of to catch you.

Unless you want too room with "Bubba" at the State Pen, think twice.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:48 PM
dirtysanchez
I ♥ Acer

u tell the insurance that u hit a tree. thats all great and stuff, but i can tell u that a friends dad works for state farm and this has happened before... just about all accidents not involving another vehicle are investigated. u can go to jail for a pretty long time for insurance fraud.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:48 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sonic Boom NH
Also, if you damage your car where it might need repairs like suspension, motor, transmission etc Ford will NOT cover it if they know you have been racing it in any manner.
”You gotta pay to play…”
Excellent points - cars are an expensive hobby if you had not noticed... be careful...
Old 08-13-2006, 08:53 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cekim

Excellent points - cars are an expensive hobby if you had not noticed... be careful...
Yeah Ive noticed... so has my wallet. This just happens to be the first hobby Ive actually taken interest in... in a very long time.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:56 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

It's funny that when state farm overcharged all it's policy holders a few years back and got caught cheating people, no executives went to jail. You could always really hit a tree or guard rail, whatever.

ORIGINAL: dirtysanchez

u tell the insurance that u hit a tree. thats all great and stuff, but i can tell u that a friends dad works for state farm and this has happened before... just about all accidents not involving another vehicle are investigated. u can go to jail for a pretty long time for insurance fraud.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:59 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTlust

It's funny that when state farm overcharged all it's policy holders a few years back and got caught cheating people, no executives went to jail. You could always really hit a tree or guard rail, whatever.

ORIGINAL: dirtysanchez

LOL... I can see someone wrecking at the track.. then like.. on the way home driving into something on purpose.. suppose then it wouldnt be a lie. Not necessarily something I would do.. I just want to race [&:]
Old 08-13-2006, 09:00 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Sonic Boom NH

I say good for them as I don’t want my rates jacked up because people don’t take responsibility for their actions.

”You gotta pay to play…”
They have all kinds of excuses to jack up your rates, they surely don't need this lame one. Just like the oil industry uses any excuse to jack of the price of gasoline.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:06 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTlust
OT - sorry...
Yeah, I keep hearing people talking about the "wealth gap" as if capitalism is failing, but really is is just that we don't put people "in with Bubba" for stealing billions like we should...

Perhaps if it were a little harder to steal billions and get away with it, there would be fewer people on the Forbe's list (and yes creative accounting, hiding expenses in toilet paper like stock option grants count as "stealing billions" in my book)

That said - for now - YOU get "Bubba" for the tree trick and CEOs get a polite letter asking them not to do that again... You have to take the reality presented to you and work within it...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Insurance and drag racing