Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Door Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Gone2
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Front Door Speakers

I used one of those thumb wheels that holds the screwdriver bit. My was plastic w/o the ratcheting. I came in one of those small cheap socket/driver bit kits.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Grey_Ghost
1st Gear Member

http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/skewdriver/

This is just one of many installers "life-saver" tools.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:23 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CainMotorsports2102

ORIGINAL: nbk13nw

Yup and 6x8 / 5x7 speaker will fit. I have Infinity in the rear and Rockford Fosgate in the front. Also, replaced the door subs with Rockford Fosgate 8's as well as some RF 10's in the rear.
which rockford did you use? and where did you get them?
Sorry for taking so long to respond.

I used the Rockford Fosgate Stage 1 P18S4 8†Subwoofers in teh factory sub locations. The rest of my system is this:

Audio Modifications:
• Alpine 9847 Head Unit
• Rockford Fosgate P3001
• Rockford Fosgate P4002
• Rockford Fosgate T1682C
o 1 Pair 6â€x 8†Coaxial Mounted in Factory Upper Door Locations
o 1 Pair 6â€x 8†Coaxial Mounted in Factory Rear Deck Locations
• Rockford Fosgate Stage 1 P18S4 8†Subwoofers
• Rockford Fosgate Stage 1 P112S4 12†Subwoofers
• FatMat – Floors, Doors, Wells, Firewall and Trunk
• Monster Cable Audio Cabling and Wires
• Custom Subwoofer Enclosure
o ¾ MDX, Fiberglass Overlay, Factory Paint (Ebony)
o 2.0 Cu. Ft. Internal
o Mustang “Running Pony†Embossed into Fiberglass
o Created by TC Customz of Canada

Old 11-16-2006, 02:38 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

I used the Infinity Kappa 682.7cf . As getting the rears out. I used a snub type ratcheted screwdriver. I forget the size torque bit, but it is a torque bit needed. I couldn't see what I was doing, it was by feel though. Not easy, but doable.

And they fit fine. There was a small tab for a screw I had to bend outward, but easily done.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:52 PM
fl_799
1st Gear Member

I used e-bay for all 4 of my speakers. Picked up 5X7 Audiobahn plates (4" mid, tweeter)with crossover up front and regular Pyle 5X7's for the rear deck all for under $100. The prices on speakers on e-bay are more then half off in most cases. I thought the stock shaker 500 mids were a bit murkey and the highs were not defined. Any aftermarket speaker should easily fix this.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:06 PM
lonny2

i have the alpine wa-200 double din which is very good but to many features to actually use, so i am currently selling it,but as far as front speakers go i have jlaudio zr series components front and rear and it sound awsome. the door subs a actually really not worth doin.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:57 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

back from the dead. But is there a harness you can buy to hook up a after market stereo....
Old 12-20-2006, 01:50 AM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

Is anyone using component speakers for the front? If so, where did you mount the tweet? Post a pic if you have it.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:19 AM
Stewart
2nd Gear Member

I am, I'll take a pic in the morning. Replacing my sound system was my summer project and my first time tackling anything like it and I'm extremely happy with how it came out. I gave in and paid to have my amps mounted on my rear seats but other than that managed to do it myself.

For the front I put in a set of Polk SR 6500's and they sound amazing. I'm really into music and am pretty **** about sound quality and these don't dissapoint. As of now I've got the 4 channel alpine mid level amp (it's 125 wpc bridged) running them and while I'm sure a better amp would help they sound excellent.

For the install I got 1/4 inch mdf made two cut outs after tracing the stock speakers that are above the subs (I had the shaker 500) and made cut out inside for tweets using a dremel saw (pretty sure that's the name, it's the saw that uses a drill bit so I could start from inside and not have to cut into the board). Since the main speakers were only 6.5 inch I made a ring out of mdf to mount the speakers on and just got some slightly larger screws to screw into the factory screw locations. Popped off the stock grill from the subs and put those along with the plastic ring over and looks 100% stock. I put plenty of foam around the ring to reduce any vibration, dynamatted basically the whole door, plastic as well and it did a pretty good job. I've gotta put some weather stripping along some plastic parts to stop some rattles but I can't get over how good it sounds and how well the install looks.

Just fyi I repalced the rear deck speakers with Clif designs, and have a Saes Lotus 12 inch sub powered by a jl audio 500/1 with an Alpine cda 9857 head unit. It's loud and clear.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:21 AM
Stewart
2nd Gear Member

Also just to note, I found that head unit to be on the bright side. The polks were a bit bright to begin with so I had to take the tweeters down a notch via the crossovers. I talked to some audio guys at a shop here who have the same deck and they too said it was bright, not overly so but just somethign to keep in mind if you're shopping around. Personally I find the high crips and clear, no bleeding ears but I could see how some people might not like it.

Quick Reply: Front Door Speakers