Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing a Honda Civic is like fighting a girl

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 11:12 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default Racing a Honda Civic is like fighting a girl

Ok, now before everybody gets mad at me I was crusing last night and 4 riced out Honda Civic's were trying like hell to race, everything. I sat back and watched as I drove as they even tried to race a lady in her Volvo wagon while she was on the cell phone. This got me thinking...
Now I respect any car that's fast BUT.....

If you do race one of these things no matter the outcome you lose, kinda like fighting a girl (not for real of course, never hit a woman, this is for example), no matter the outcome you lose. If you beat the Civic, well, of course you did! If you lose you never want to be seen in public again because well, you lost to a Civic. Fighting a woman is the same way, you could never win because one, you never hit a woman and if you do and win, of course, if not, well, you know.

I asked my wife about this and she laughed so hard she almost split her sides open and said that was the best example she has ever heard for racing Civic's, or other similar cars. What's your thoughts, I know, I've lost it, but this is nothing new.[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Edit, hmmmm worked much better in conversation than in a post, oh well.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:27 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Racing a Honda Civic is like fighting a girl

Just like women, the honda civic owners know either way they win!
Old 08-13-2006, 11:29 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTlust

Just like women, the honda civic owners know either way they win!
Exactly what my wife said!
Old 08-13-2006, 11:30 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Actually I think your comments while very entertaining make a lot of sense. I suppose if somebody wants to spend $20,000 on a $3500 Civic to make it as fast or faster than my GT goody for him. It may be fast but it's still an ugly little FWD econo box that will be Coke cans in a few years. Nonetheless he's never going to find out if he's faster than I because I can't be bothered. Too dangerous and stupid racing on the street and win or loose you've still done something stupid and dangerous. You're right, you just can't win even if all he sees is your tailights. It's also a lot like arguing with an idiot. There's just no point. All that's going happen is that you will get dragged down to the same level as the idiot so why bother??
Old 08-13-2006, 11:50 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Makes sense...

I have heard this excuse way too many times "well it only has 4 cylinders" ....I always wonder wtf their point is...
Old 08-13-2006, 11:55 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Well, the first problem was that they were trying ot race on a public road. That takes sheer genius to begin with. And then I'm sure they were some POS, fart-can exhaust, Ebay AEM-knock-off CAI, painted stock rim wearing turds, and would have had their asses handed to them by the woman in the Volvo wagon.

Second, bl1nkage, that picture is much better!
Old 08-13-2006, 11:59 PM
StoneWolf
1st Gear Member

And then if they beat an older V6 they brag about beating a GT.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:09 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

well sometimes it is fun to put a civic in it's place. Even if you destroy him there is always an excuse, I pretty much gave up racing civics or any rice burners after about the 5th flyby. It doesn't matter how many ricers you totally destroy, there are always 5 more to take his place.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:01 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SlappyGT

Second, bl1nkage, that picture is much better!
Thanks, yet another weekend we are struggling to remember.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:04 AM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

I was driving the Mustang last week and heard this awful exhaust noise coming from waaaaay behind me. I instantly thought, "I guess there is a Honda Civic back there." Then, I heard the distinct sound...like a tree trimmer or chainsaw, anything, but a car and sure enough a Civic passes.

But, then, I thought about it some more.

It happens so frequently, I didn't even think about it. Obnoxiously loud exhaust = Honda Civic.

It happened again on Friday. I saw a cloud of black smoke coming from a few cars in front of me. This guy was really laying down a smokescreen. I instantly thought, that guy in the Honda is burning some serious oil.

You guess it, another Civic!

Maybe I'm just biased (I do own a Focus, too), or maybe the above conditions are very common for Civics? I guess I see so many of them poorly modified and / or burning oil that I just equate those conditions with Civics. Am I biased or is it true? What do you think?

Quick Reply: Racing a Honda Civic is like fighting a girl