Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow Too Loud @ Hwy Speeds

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 01:05 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Magnaflow Too Loud @ Hwy Speeds

Seriously, look at replacing the Magnaflows with Corsas. It has been widely reported that the Magnaflows have a lot of drone at freeway speeds. The addition of an X-pipe and headers only aggravates an already bad problem. Corsas have zero drone and a more mellow tone.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:52 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Dynamat is a sound deadener. Its mainly used to keep your music inside the car and reducing vibrations of door panels etc but it is also really good at keeping road noise and everything else out.
Right.. but is dynamat installation something that we can do ourselves? Looks like something the dealership needs to do.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:02 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Dynamat is a sound deadener. Its mainly used to keep your music inside the car and reducing vibrations of door panels etc but it is also really good at keeping road noise and everything else out.
Right.. but is dynamat installation something that we can do ourselves? Looks like something the dealership needs to do.
No it is do-able by anyone. All you have to do is take off the panels in the car, lift up the carpet, take off anything you want and put the dynamat down then put everything back on. Its a very simple install, just takes time and can be tedious because you dont want to rush and screw up your panels or rip the carpet or anything. VERY worth it though IMO.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:15 PM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

The only problem is Dynamat is so F-ing expensive. It would be like 3 times cheaper for you to just get a new exhaust than dynamatting your whole car. It's about $70 for 12 sq ft of 1/4 thick dynamat. [sm=WTFsgign.gif]
Old 08-14-2006, 04:03 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: backinblack06

The only problem is Dynamat is so F-ing expensive. It would be like 3 times cheaper for you to just get a new exhaust than dynamatting your whole car. It's about $70 for 12 sq ft of 1/4 thick dynamat. [sm=WTFsgign.gif]
True, but there are other benefits besides just silencing the exhaust.. think of the audio quality too.. I plan on dynamatting eventually once I upgrade the sound system. At this point its not that important to me because I want more go and more show, but once thats all done Ill be sure to get either dynamat or some other kind of deadener in there.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:34 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

Seriously, look at replacing the Magnaflows with Corsas. It has been widely reported that the Magnaflows have a lot of drone at freeway speeds. The addition of an X-pipe and headers only aggravates an already bad problem. Corsas have zero drone and a more mellow tone.

aren't the factory mufflers made by corsa...or is it bassani. Crap. I never remember these things. LOL.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:38 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Looks like a PITA DIY job, though... Take out the seats and take off the door panels. The trunk should be easy though.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:55 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

aren't the factory mufflers made by corsa...or is it bassani. Crap. I never remember these things. LOL.
I thought it was Borla [&:]
Old 08-14-2006, 06:10 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I went to Walmart and bought some quilt batting. You get alot for just $4.00. I pulled the inside panels of the trunk and lined it with a double layer. I pulled the carpet up from the floor of the trunk and layed a double layer there then put the carpeting back over that. It made a big difference just doing the trunk and not as expensive as dynomat.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:19 PM
deanack
1st Gear Member

It was a dealer installed. Does anyone want to trade for the Corsas? They only have about 2,000 miles on them. I'm in South East Michigan and will be at the Woodward Dream Cruse this weekend. This is the car. https://mustangforums.com/m_1656751/tm.htm

Dean

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Too Loud @ Hwy Speeds