Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT/CS front air dam

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 03:10 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Default New GT/CS front air dam

I just drove by the Ford dealer closest to me, and they had a new GT/CS edition on the lot. So, I had to stop by and take a look. I am really digging the front and rear bumper treatments. The rear bumper looks like they took it straight off of the GT500, and the front looks a lot better than the regular GT bumper. I've been thinking about going with the Mach 1 style chin spoiler from Cervinis, but I may try to grab hold of one of the GT/CS front bumpers instead. Anybody seen any of the body parts from these new California Specials for sale?
Old 08-15-2006, 03:38 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New GT/CS front air dam

I have the rear bumper on my car. It is the same as the gt500, they just paint the sides lower. I can post some pics later. Ill try to get you the part number for the front bumper, i have it somewhere.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:41 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Pics please, and part number would be great also. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Thanks.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Email Kevin at Clevenger Ford for his hotsheets (put "hotsheets" in the subject line and you'll get an auto-mailing). His list has the parts numbers and prices for ALL of the parts needed for the front and/or rear conversion.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/member.php?u=4680

All the front air dam stuff runs about 300 bucks, I'm thinking of doing it myself. It would look very cool with torch red and the center section blacked out like on the CS The same air dam is going to be used on the upcoming Shelby GT too.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:42 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

How much are the CS/GT rear bumper going for?
Old 08-15-2006, 07:12 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

Email Kevin at Clevenger Ford for his hotsheets (put "hotsheets" in the subject line and you'll get an auto-mailing). His list has the parts numbers and prices for ALL of the parts needed for the front and/or rear conversion.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/member.php?u=4680

All the front air dam stuff runs about 300 bucks, I'm thinking of doing it myself. It would look very cool with torch red and the center section blacked out like on the CS The same air dam is going to be used on the upcoming Shelby GT too.
Thanks Tres. I emailed Kevin and got the info. That's perfect. I think I might get the Shelby rear spoiler and paint it flat black. I like that it fits using the stock spoiler holes. I've been thinking about painting my spoiler flat black anyway and I like the duck tail look spoiler better.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:35 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

You're welcome! If you like the Shelby style spoiler, you might also consider the 3DCarbon spoiler. It's the same shape but it's a 3 piece, so it doesn't have those funny gaps between the spoiler and quarter panels like the Shelby spoiler does (that really bugs me!) There's a pic of it in this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

It also covers the stock spoiler holes.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:29 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

HEre is a pic

Front Bumper Cover - 7R3Z-17D957-AAPTM
Rear Bumper Cover - 7R3Z-17K835-AAPTM

The front cover will need the insert and im not ure about that part number.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:11 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

That looks sweet. When I'm ready for the appearance mods the GT/CS front and rear bumpers are on the list. I also think I'm going to go with the Shelby style spoiler in flat black. The 3dCarbon is nice, but I think I like the Shelby a little better. And I like that it's a Ford factory part. Thanks for all of the info guys. This has definitely gotten me excited to do some appearance mods.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:09 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Oops, I just checked the hot sheets and the parts numbers are not included unfortunately. Here is the list of parts required for the front air dam:

---------------

GT/CS FRONT FASCIA CONVERSION PIECES Same as GT-H Shelby All the Pieces Necessary to convert GT to GT/CS/ GT-H Front Fascia.
V6 Would Require Additional Parts
4. 07 Shelby GT/CS Front License Bracket
5. 07 GT/CS Lower Valance Spoiler. Needs Rivets to Attach.
6. 07 GT/CS Front Bumper Cover
7. 07 GT/CS Lower Bumper Inserts R&L
8. 07 GT/CS Lower Valance Rivets

-------------------

I've stripped the prices out because Kevin asks that they not be published on the web due to constant price changes. The price I mentioned before will give you a good idea though.

The rear fascia is a lot easier, it's one part! Again he's asked not to publish the price, so lets say it's more than 100 and less than 200

Quick Reply: New GT/CS front air dam