Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Wont Start

Old 08-16-2006, 11:40 AM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

Default Car Wont Start

Get up to go to work... sit the the car... tick tick tick tick tick tick

the battery is dead....

Is it possible best buy could have wired something wrong when installing the speakers to drain the battery?
Old 08-16-2006, 11:44 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Car Wont Start

Absolutely!! It's going to take some doing to find the short but you'll find it.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:57 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

hmmm...
Old 08-16-2006, 01:25 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

did you install just speakers? or an amp?
Old 08-16-2006, 01:33 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

they installed a pair of speakers.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:30 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

battery won't hold a charge. After stopping to get gas the car wouldnt start again. AAA jumped it and i took it to the dealership.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:47 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Best Buy in City of Industry? I'll stay the hell away. Which Ford dealership are you stuck at?
Old 08-16-2006, 05:56 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Best Buy in City of Industry? I'll stay the hell away. Which Ford dealership are you stuck at?
no west covina, i don't know if its the installers fault yet and Industry is worse at installs in my experience.

Clippinger Ford in West Co is where I bought the car from and still take it to. Tim, the service advisor, is great.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:34 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOLDSHORT

no west covina, i don't know if its the installers fault yet and Industry is worse at installs in my experience.

Clippinger Ford in West Co is where I bought the car from and still take it to. Tim, the service advisor, is great.
Clippinger, that's the dealership right next to the I-10, right? If you say they have good service, I'll take a look. Avoid Colley Ford (in Glendora), they're full of it. 3 out of 3 times I've been there... only service advisor there that's worth a damn. Have you tried Puente Hills Ford?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:55 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOLDSHORT

Clippinger, that's the dealership right next to the I-10, right? If you say they have good service, I'll take a look. Avoid Colley Ford (in Glendora), they're full of it. 3 out of 3 times I've been there... only service advisor there that's worth a damn. Have you tried Puente Hills Ford?
Yeah, its that one. I've taken it there for all my warrenty work and service so far, but i did buy the car there.

Puente hills Ford is the biggest bunch of cons ever. IF you had a good experience there you'd be the first i've heard of.

i posted this on another site a couple of months ago.

don't trust Puente Hills Ford at all.

Last year when I went to purchase my 05 mustang I was 22 and treated like I was some kid who just wanted to be a looky loo and get a free test drive. The salesmen I delt with had a smug attitude (i don't remember the name). So when It came down to pricing they said since I was a first time buyer they had to give me an 18% intrest rate! WHAT? So then he brings me to the sales manager and he says "How about a Focus? I can get you in one tonight" yeah.... I came for a Mustang, Leave with a Focus.. right.

So, It finally boils down to their final numbers of 17% 580 a month for 72 months.

I told them I would go to another dealership. The salesman said, Oh don't bother, they will tell you the same thing or give you a certain rate and jack it up. So we shakehands and I leave.

The next day, I email Clippinger Ford in West Covina and say I want one of the mustangs they have on the lot for x amount of dollars out the door. He said let me check with the manager and said okay come on in.

Later that night, I drive away in my New mustang from Clippinger Ford with a 9% interest rate.

The bait and switch? Still waiting for it after over a year......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car Wont Start