Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of selling my car

Old 08-16-2006, 03:46 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Thinking of selling my car

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright
You don't need to get rid of it, just get yourself a rabbit's foot or horseshoe
er, I dunno about the rabbit amputation, but with my luck horshoe would fall off the door jamb bounce through the house and land squarly on my hood... So, stick with the rabit multilation...

So, if you are having "murphonic resonance" issues like I am, skip the shoe...
Old 08-16-2006, 03:47 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rippin n Tarrin
ORIGINAL: cekim
I am thinking of selling my car. I have nothing but bad luck since I got it. I got the car in Mid January.

1) 2 weeks after buying it a snow storm hits. I need to shovel my driveway. Being extra careful not to scratch the car with the shovel, but doesn’t matter I scratch it anyway.
1. I think I see the problem - you are parking outside! Your car is upset and has put a hex on you...
2. I find that threatening to sell something either:
a. makes it fail in a catastrophic manner - thus providing closure
b. makes it work perfectly - thus requiring recurring threats to keep it in check...
Sorry your stang is cusred - buy her a house with a nice big heated garage and if that doesn't improve perhaps a freind?
I have it garaged since mid July but 2 of the accidents happen in the garage.
Heated?
Old 08-16-2006, 03:47 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

In a way thats kinda funny because NONE of it is the car's fault (breakdowns etc). Instead its something like YOU are jinxed. Kinda like we think this poker run we did on the bike this spring was jinxed because now not only have we gone down on the bike (hubby broke both bones in lower left leg and life flighted when they found no pulse...lucky me only scrapes bruises and pulled muscles), a friend of ours went down that day and broke his arm on that poker run with his gal on back of the bike. This monday another gal that did the poker run also was hit by a car in a parking lot. Lot of bike damage but no broken bones, just scrapes and bruises! We are waiting to hear if anyone else that did that particular poker run gets hurt this year!
Old 08-16-2006, 04:05 PM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

I'll get this fixed. But afterward I think I'll just put a window on the garage door, park the car in there and just look at it once in a while.

If I want to drive I'll get a PS2 game and one of those steering wheels with pedals and drive those car around.

But really I do feel nervous around the car anymore. Is it worth having a car that you are afraid to get near?
Old 08-16-2006, 04:08 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cekim

Sorry your stang is cusred - buy her a house with a nice big heated garage and if that doesn't improve perhaps a freind?

Sounds like hes getting married....
kalel001
2nd Gear Member

How much did you pay for your stang? I mean what is the total?
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

my cat just killed a rabbit, i can mail it to you if you want
LOL
Old 08-16-2006, 04:13 PM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kalel001

How much did you pay for your stang? I mean what is the total?

Total with all add ons is 28K for car.

about $230 for CAI

about $750 for DVD player and headrest monitors.

about $450 GT-H side scoops with paint and install.

$29500 or so.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Leighky
1st Gear Member

7) Early July I am over my mother’s house and decide to wash the car, no problem with that part. But shortly afterward it gets dark and stormy and low and behold a hail storm, put some nice little pit marks all over the car.

What the heck??? Why did you let it get hailed on? You can always do something to protect it. Park it under cover, lay your body on the hood... something. Once we were working on our 65 coupe and had it taken apart so it was undriveable when the storm hit but we went in the house and found every pillow and blanket and covered her up to protect her from the hail.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Leighky

7) Early July I am over my mother’s house and decide to wash the car, no problem with that part. But shortly afterward it gets dark and stormy and low and behold a hail storm, put some nice little pit marks all over the car.

What the heck??? Why did you let it get hailed on? You can always do something to protect it. Park it under cover, lay your body on the hood... something. Once we were working on our 65 coupe and had it taken apart so it was undriveable when the storm hit but we went in the house and found every pillow and blanket and covered her up to protect her from the hail.
It was one of those quick ones, lasted maybe 10 minutes at best.

It one of those things where your are sitting in the house and say to yourself, Damn it, it is going to rain and I just washed the car. 3 or 4 minutes later you say to your self that is really hard rain, look out side and say **** is that F'in hail. Where is my keys, my shoes ooh hell with the shoes go to the door and see it is stopping. By the time I would have gotten anything to protect it, it was all over.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my car