Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of selling my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Leighky
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Thinking of selling my car

ORIGINAL: Rippin n Tarrin

ORIGINAL: Leighky

7) Early July I am over my mother’s house and decide to wash the car, no problem with that part. But shortly afterward it gets dark and stormy and low and behold a hail storm, put some nice little pit marks all over the car.

What the heck??? Why did you let it get hailed on? You can always do something to protect it. Park it under cover, lay your body on the hood... something. Once we were working on our 65 coupe and had it taken apart so it was undriveable when the storm hit but we went in the house and found every pillow and blanket and covered her up to protect her from the hail.
It was one of those quick ones, lasted maybe 10 minutes at best.

It one of those things where your are sitting in the house and say to yourself, Damn it, it is going to rain and I just washed the car. 3 or 4 minutes later you say to your self that is really hard rain, look out side and say **** is that F'in hail. Where is my keys, my shoes ooh hell with the shoes go to the door and see it is stopping. By the time I would have gotten anything to protect it, it was all over.
I understand but still its just one of those things that when you see the clouds rollin in you get prepared. Its best to go ahead and take the time to move it before the storm starts and even if it does not hail at least it would have been safe if it had. See my point? And as far as the other accidents that have happened you need to quit being afraid of the car and just be more cautious around it i.e. no boards propped against walls that could potentially fall and no shovels within 3 feet.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

I am very careful but sometimes it seems it doesn't matter how careful I am.

Even my mother said to me, and not just about the car, that I have the worst luck she has even seen anybody ever have.

And she wasn't even talking about the car.

Old 08-16-2006, 05:09 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

you need an exorcist dude LOL.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Leighky
1st Gear Member

Sorry, but I just can't agree. I do see how the rock chips and getting rearended can be considered bad luck but the other things are not. Like the u-turn, all you would have had to do was take 5 extra seconds to back up a tad and you would not have scraped the curb. I know hindsight is 20/20 and I'm sure you realize what you could have done to prevent it as well but what I'm saying is that you need to be more careful with the car all the time. I'm real sorry and don't mean to lecture to you but you complain about bad things happening to your car and you say your careful but the situations in which your car has been damaged suggest otherwise. I'm gonna shut my mouth now cuz I feel bad.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:34 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

The problem here is simple. It's all retaliation.......

about $750 for DVD player and headrest monitors.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:46 PM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cekim

I am thinking of selling my car. I have nothing but bad luck since I got it. I got the car in Mid January.

1) 2 weeks after buying it a snow storm hits. I need to shovel my driveway. Being extra careful not to scratch the car with the shovel, but doesn’t matter I scratch it anyway.
1. I think I see the problem - you are parking outside! Your car is upset and has put a hex on you...
2. I find that threatening to sell something either:
a. makes it fail in a catastrophic manner - thus providing closure
b. makes it work perfectly - thus requiring recurring threats to keep it in check...
Sorry your stang is cusred - buy her a house with a nice big heated garage and if that doesn't improve perhaps a freind?

I threatend my car, and the service dept., but I know she didn't like it becuase knock on wood I havent had a problem for about a month, so she apparently chose option B. After my whole fuel leak and A/C issues I was this close to selling her. I'd actually walk out into my garage and start bitching at her. But, than like any other woman, she has this look that makes me fall in love with her over and over.[sm=loveeyes.gif] Being strong the last time I gave it to her hard and it hurt to threaten her but there's nothing easy about love......wow.....I think I need a therapist lol (we need a smiley with it shooting itself in the head lol)
Old 08-16-2006, 05:56 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: backinblack06

ORIGINAL: cekim

I am thinking of selling my car. I have nothing but bad luck since I got it. I got the car in Mid January.

1) 2 weeks after buying it a snow storm hits. I need to shovel my driveway. Being extra careful not to scratch the car with the shovel, but doesn’t matter I scratch it anyway.
1. I think I see the problem - you are parking outside! Your car is upset and has put a hex on you...
2. I find that threatening to sell something either:
a. makes it fail in a catastrophic manner - thus providing closure
b. makes it work perfectly - thus requiring recurring threats to keep it in check...
Sorry your stang is cusred - buy her a house with a nice big heated garage and if that doesn't improve perhaps a freind?

I threatend my car, and the service dept., but I know she didn't like it becuase knock on wood I havent had a problem for about a month, so she apparently chose option B. After my whole fuel leak and A/C issues I was this close to selling her. I'd actually walk out into my garage and start bitching at her. But, than like any other woman, she has this look that makes me fall in love with her over and over.[sm=loveeyes.gif] Being strong the last time I gave it to her hard and it hurt to threaten her but there's nothing easy about love......wow.....I think I need a therapist lol (we need a smiley with it shooting itself in the head lol)
...why would you need a therapist? Im confused.... everyone doesnt talk to their car? And I thinkt he closest we have to self damage would be this [sm=headbang.gif]
Old 08-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Leighky

Sorry, but I just can't agree. I do see how the rock chips and getting rearended can be considered bad luck but the other things are not. Like the u-turn, all you would have had to do was take 5 extra seconds to back up a tad and you would not have scraped the curb. I know hindsight is 20/20 and I'm sure you realize what you could have done to prevent it as well but what I'm saying is that you need to be more careful with the car all the time. I'm real sorry and don't mean to lecture to you but you complain about bad things happening to your car and you say your careful but the situations in which your car has been damaged suggest otherwise. I'm gonna shut my mouth now cuz I feel bad.
Dude, you should hang out with me for like a week and I gaurantee you'll think differently.

When I scrapped the curb I was trying to avoid running over some big rocks in the parking lot.

The 1x was sitting there for 3 weeks nobody touched it or moved it, it just slid over and fell.

I am not one who believes in destiny or fate, so I don't really believe someone can be cursed with bad luck but what the F.

Even my wife says to me sometimes it seems it doesn't matter how hard you try to avoid this or that it happens anyway. She busts on me sometimes about it.

We will be walking down the street and they will be working on a building, she moves to 5 or 6 feet behind me. I look around and say "what's the matter" then she'll say, "with that construction there I am keeping my distance from you."

Just last week I was washing the car and the hose pops off the handle, the hose was getting a little old and I guess the threads were worn down, the hose falls off and right at me, I get soaked, no damage to the car though, just my pride. I can hear 2 of my neighbors chuckling. Sometimes I feel I should look around for the camera.

Sometimes I just want to scream. It just one of these thing that get you frustrated you know. Makes you say What the F.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:27 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

If you get to afraid to mess the car up, the worse your luck will get. Just drive the thing without a care in the world. You will usually not mess anything up. Its funny how it works that way, but just say to hell with the bad luck and drive it like you stole it. Atleast that way if something bad happens, you were having fun when it happens and not killing yourself trying to carefully avoid objects that are normally easily avoidable.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:30 PM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

Yep just stop caring and the gremlins will leave

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my car