MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Thinking of selling my car (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/167209-thinking-of-selling-my-car.html)

Rippin n Tarrin 08-16-2006 03:25 PM

Thinking of selling my car

I am thinking of selling my car. I have nothing but bad luck since I got it. I got the car in Mid January.

1) 2 weeks after buying it a snow storm hits. I need to shovel my driveway. Being extra careful not to scratch the car with the shovel, but doesn’t matter I scratch it anyway.

2) A month later I hit a pot hole and nick the rim and damage the tire. Need new tire $175.

3) 3 weeks after that driving down the road a truck coming the other way kicks up stones and chips the paint on the driver side door.

4) A month after that I get rear ended and need a whole new bumper cover.

5) 1 week after getting the bumper done someone keys my bumper.

6) About 3 weeks after that driving down the Highway I hear something hit my hood. 3 chips on the black stripes.

7) Early July I am over my mother’s house and decide to wash the car, no problem with that part. But shortly afterward it gets dark and stormy and low and behold a hail storm, put some nice little pit marks all over the car.

8) Mid July I move a box in my garage, and little do I know there is a small screw sticking out of the box, and of course it hits the front bumper and puts a nice gouge in it. In an obvious spot of course.

9) Shortly after the box incident a piece 1x4 leaning against the wall about 4 feet away from the car falls over and hit the hood, and puts some small but not too bad marks on the hood.

10) Today I decided it was a nice day so I’ll take the car to work. I even said to myself, better not, you’ll F it up or something. I go out to lunch and have to make a U-turn in the parking lot and I scrap the front bumper on the curb.

I think I have about had it. I seem to have this black cloud over me and my car. I am to the point I am afraid to take it out or even touch it, really I am. I get nervous even getting in the car now, and I’ve only had it for 8 months.

Tracedaddy 08-16-2006 03:30 PM

RE: Thinking of selling my car

I've had a couple cars like that. Stuff just happened to it. Trade it in on another one. Find one without that bad mojo. :D

Rippin n Tarrin 08-16-2006 03:34 PM

I should have know something was up the first few days I got the car.

I bought the car out in Ill. and drove it back the PA. This is in January so I expect bad weather out in the mid-west area, but no problems there. I get within 15 miles from my house and run into a bad snow storm at 1:00am in the norning. We had in Philly only 2 or 3 storms all year but of course this one is the worst one.

tsaints1115 08-16-2006 03:34 PM

I think the car`s ok, we just need to save it from you.

www.neglectedmustangfoundation.org

Rippin n Tarrin 08-16-2006 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: tsaints1115

I think the car`s ok, we just need to save it from you.

www.neglectedmustangfoundation.org

I hear you.

Going to the bathroom is getting scary now.

chrisc 08-16-2006 03:36 PM

jeez....take it to a church or something

cekim 08-16-2006 03:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Rippin n Tarrin

I am thinking of selling my car. I have nothing but bad luck since I got it. I got the car in Mid January.

1) 2 weeks after buying it a snow storm hits. I need to shovel my driveway. Being extra careful not to scratch the car with the shovel, but doesn’t matter I scratch it anyway.
1. I think I see the problem - you are parking outside! Your car is upset and has put a hex on you...
2. I find that threatening to sell something either:
a. makes it fail in a catastrophic manner - thus providing closure
b. makes it work perfectly - thus requiring recurring threats to keep it in check...

Sorry your stang is cusred - buy her a house with a nice big heated garage and if that doesn't improve perhaps a freind?

Tres Wright 08-16-2006 03:43 PM

You don't need to get rid of it, just get yourself a rabbit's foot or horseshoe :D

chrisc 08-16-2006 03:45 PM

my cat just killed a rabbit, i can mail it to you if you want

Rippin n Tarrin 08-16-2006 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: cekim

ORIGINAL: Rippin n Tarrin

1. I think I see the problem - you are parking outside! Your car is upset and has put a hex on you...
2. I find that threatening to sell something either:
a. makes it fail in a catastrophic manner - thus providing closure
b. makes it work perfectly - thus requiring recurring threats to keep it in check...

Sorry your stang is cusred - buy her a house with a nice big heated garage and if that doesn't improve perhaps a freind?

I have it garaged since mid July but 2 of the accidents happen in the garage.

I like the threat idea though.