Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 10:16 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

Default Couple Questions

1. (this is more 4.0 spec. but others are general so i'll ask here anyway) has anyone experienced heat disipating into the cabin? my car after driving for a while will spew heat into the cabin through the vents somewhat even if i have them off, from the e-brake, under the dash, inbetween the console and floor etc etc.... and also would this have anything to do with the fog problem some of us are having? AKA moisture in the cabin.

2.Brakes- after hard deceleration (yeah i know i shouldnt but it happens from time to time) does anyone notice that the brakes become kind of (for lack of a better word) bumpy? it slows kind of like its ABS but ABS is not active it just thuds more noteably to a stop.

3- Throttle by wire accuracy. This is by far the most anyoing thing of all on these cars. I was watching a TV show and they were dealing with a truck using throttle by wire and said that it wont open the throttle to what you "tell" it to, but more what is safer for the engine. Quite frankly i dont care whats "safe" for the engine because i'm ditching it in 3 years 11 months and a week... (warantee runs up and v8 goes in lol) and i would much prefer it to do what i want, not what it thinks is best (like i say go 75% and it says nah 50% is better). Any way to make it just do what you want it to do via programmer or some other method?

thanks alot as usual guys
Old 08-18-2006, 12:19 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL
Default RE: Couple Questions

ORIGINAL: LesteR723

1. (this is more 4.0 spec. but others are general so i'll ask here anyway) has anyone experienced heat disipating into the cabin? my car after driving for a while will spew heat into the cabin through the vents somewhat even if i have them off, from the e-brake, under the dash, inbetween the console and floor etc etc.... and also would this have anything to do with the fog problem some of us are having? AKA moisture in the cabin.

2.Brakes- after hard deceleration (yeah i know i shouldnt but it happens from time to time) does anyone notice that the brakes become kind of (for lack of a better word) bumpy? it slows kind of like its ABS but ABS is not active it just thuds more noteably to a stop.

3- Throttle by wire accuracy. This is by far the most anyoing thing of all on these cars. I was watching a TV show and they were dealing with a truck using throttle by wire and said that it wont open the throttle to what you "tell" it to, but more what is safer for the engine. Quite frankly i dont care whats "safe" for the engine because i'm ditching it in 3 years 11 months and a week... (warantee runs up and v8 goes in lol) and i would much prefer it to do what i want, not what it thinks is best (like i say go 75% and it says nah 50% is better). Any way to make it just do what you want it to do via programmer or some other method?

thanks alot as usual guys
I have also noticed heat coming into the cabin, and on several occasions I've actually checked to see if the heate was on. I'm kinda thinkin' it's just heat from the tranny generating into the cabin, or perhaps engine heat. Still though, I can't say I ever experienced this on any other cars I've owned.

Haven't noticed anything with your other two items.