Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 GT problem, 2 miles old! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 12:09 AM
texasexx

Default 2007 GT problem, 2 miles old! HELP!!!

I picked up my new 2007 GT vert last friday and 2 miles later had a set of warning messages go haywire. Namely low oil pressure, low tire pressure, parking brake on, no fuel and various other flashing lights, etc.

I took it back to dealer (Ted Britt, Fairfax, VA) who kept it a day. I picked it up last saturday & they said it was "loose connector".

Today, after 74.3 miles, it went haywire again & it's back at dealership. Their top foreman is going to call Ford central, because this is new to them and somewhat out of their league.

So after 6 days, 2 have been in shop.

I am pretty P*ssed & concerned this imay be a huge problem- most electrical items are.

Has anyone heard of such a problem? if so, what's the verdict?

email me if you can help.

Thanks

Ps- Love the ride! I am posting a pic of a similar car, i haven't had time to snap a photo!

[IMG]local://upfiles/30817/C886C345E9BD4CB5878FC215C6CAFD04.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-18-2006, 12:12 AM
Gig4Fun
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 GT problem, 2 miles old! HELP!!!

There is a "Lemon Law" and you may be getting a new car pretty darn fast based on its application. Do a Google search, sit back and relax and give them their time. I am guessing you will be ordering a new car soon.

I wish you well.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:32 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Wow, sorry to hear that! I also have an 07 and have had a fairly rare problem with security system messages. I haven't been able to pinpoint why I am getting the messages, but based on your report it may be a similar electronics problem. On mine the message comes up when I start the car sometimes (as if the alarm system was triggered) and if I hit reset it goes away. Keep us posted on what your dealership says.

==There is a "Lemon Law" and you may be getting a new car pretty darn fast==

The lemon law isn't a miracle cure for car problems. The law varies from state-to-state, but generally it applies only to large scale problems (like the tranny constantly crapping out) and has to happen 3 or more times within a certain time frame before it will apply. I have yet to hear of a dealership "honoring" the lemon law unless forced to do so via a lawsuit.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:22 AM
Gig4Fun
1st Gear Member

....you said it may vary or be general, but it is "real". A friend of mine got a new car from the Lemon Law and it was not anything big. I will always remember it and suggest the poster to do his own research.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:39 AM
MK2_GT
1st Gear Member

Forget the lemaon law ,you have a few weeks to simply return the car under any law imaginable if it does not work from the get go. If you like the car and want to try it again do so, if not demand another car.

if you give them any more chances, it should only be one last one.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:40 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

ted britt ford, ive heard some bad things about them. im in woodbridge, not too far but that is crap man. brand new cars with that many problems. wtf. stupid ford
Old 08-18-2006, 01:41 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gig4Fun

....you said it may vary or be general, but it is "real". A friend of mine got a new car from the Lemon Law and it was not anything big. I will always remember it and suggest the poster to do his own research.

Oh yes, it is quite real! But as I said, it is not a quick and easy way to just go get a new car like some people imply. It's a looooong, painful, and potentially expensive process to get a dealership to honor the lemon law and usually requires the use of an attorney. It is really the option of last resort, if a car cannot be repaired under warranty and constantly leaves the driver on the side of the road, that's when the lemon law should be pursued.

And it's bad form to offer advice in the form of telling others to do their own research, that's not any help to anyone. If you want to help, then post links, like this:

http://www.carlemon.com/

Note on the above site it states the following:

---------------

Do I have a Lemon?
If the paint is peeling, the light switch came out when you pulled on it, the car makes "funny noises" but otherwise drives just fine, or you found 10 things you don't like about your new car but none of them prevent you from driving it, then No, you do not have a Lemon.

If the brakes don't work, the car won't go into reverse gear, the darn thing won't start on cold mornings or hot afternoons, the rear door opens all by itself, the driver's seat wobbles, or the car chugs along at 30 mph when it should be going 50 mph, then Yes, you may have a Lemon. Providing you've given the manufacturer an opportunity to repair the defect.

In most States, 10 different defects during the Warranty Period does not brand the car as a Lemon. In some States, a single defect that might cause Serious Injury makes your car a Lemon if the manufacturer cannot fix the problem within 1 attempt.

You may have a Lemon, but if you do nothing to protect your Consumer Rights, such as documenting your Repairs and allowing the Manufacturer a chance to fix the problem(s), you lose all rights under the various State Warranty Acts.

---------------

Please do your own research before making suggestions to someone else, in this case the suggestion of pursuing a replacement car is completely unfounded and out of line.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:18 AM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Get a new one before you go over milage. You will have nothing but problems.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:14 AM
Gig4Fun
1st Gear Member

Nice! Now there's a clear path in my view. Start documenting. My suggestions stand.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:26 AM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

welcome, from alexandria, va here myself and just got mine at the end of july. Anyway if you ask me sounds like something is wrong with the computer if anything.

Quick Reply: 2007 GT problem, 2 miles old! HELP!!!