Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K Member Brace With Torque Limiters Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Element155
1st Gear Member

for the 2011+ THIS BRACE DOSE NOT FIT WITHOUT CUTTING YOUR STUFF, BE ADVISED, NOT WORTH IT. The 2011+ has a brace from the factory (at least mine dose). There are 4 welled in studs you have to CUT out of your a arms. CHE was too cheap to try and make a brace that fits properly for the newer gen stuff, this piece is obey engineered to fit select models 05-09.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:28 PM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by northy_polk
DEFINITELY not trying to take this string off track, but has anybody that has made this mod found that it also fixed the dredded front end clunking sound so many have complained of? [not the one fixed by the '05 tsb, but the one that Ford is allegedly trying to discover a fix for].

thanks!
I don't have an '05, I have an '08 but... I can say before I did this mod (and at the same time prothane motor mounts) my car clunked all over the place. The clunks I had when shifting, and generally out of the front area, are all completely gone. I have not heard them once since I did this. I can't be sure if it was from just the CHE brace/torque limiters, or a combination of it as well as the solid motor mounts, but both were relatively cheap and very easy to install. Well worth it to me, even if only to get the clunks out. The one due to the two piece drive shaft is still there, but that will soon be remedied...

As to the header question... Personally, I have BBK long tubes, and there are no issues with it whatsoever. Clearances are not huge but there is plenty of room and nothing hits anything else. Can't speak for any other brand of headers though.

It's been a while since I installed mine. I was fairly confident at first, and then after reading some stuff after installing, I got pretty nervous. I've checked them nearly everyday since then, I have read more experiences... I have decided to leave them on. I've had no issues with any kind of clearances, nothing has come loose, no cracks in the transmission or block, everything is spot on. I suppose with any part there are folks that have issues whether they are due to the part/defects or defects/incompatibilities with their car, but this is a pretty solid piece. It really does get rid of nearly all the binding with shifts on the manual, and I haven't heard a clunk at all since I put it in, as I said before. (except rarely from the two piece driveshaft under certain conditions). I know Ford engineered these cars to have a TON of slop in the driveline, but the reason is lost on me as the car is overall more solid and much more driveable/quiet like this. You do get vibrations and rumbling in the body of the car like this, and it's noticeable, but like someone else said... These are V8 muscle cars... Not luxury BMW's or hybrids. Much better to have a solid car with a little vibration, than a soft ride while getting looks from everyone because it sounds like your transmission is about to drop out of the car

Last edited by OhEightGT; 09-09-2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Spelling